This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 07, 2021
At Trojan Technologies (www.trojantechnologies.com), our mission is to enable customers to meet their water quality objectives by providing eco-efficient solutions that reduce and recover costs, energy, resources and space. We ensure greater water confidence and environmental stewardship for people, industries and municipalities, improving the lives of over one billion people globally. Trojan Technologies encompasses five brands: Aquafine, Trojan Marinex, TrojanUV, Salsnes Filter and VIQUA. The products and services provided by these businesses play vital roles in making various stages of the water treatment process more effective, efficient and sustainable.
We are currently seeking a strategic thinker to fill a Senior Buyer role. This position is responsible for Strategic Supply Sources will obtain materials, products and services from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, conformity to specifications, reliability of source and urgency of need. You will have full ownership over the metals commodity so a fully strategic and tactical role, from negotiating to issuing purchase orders. If you are a successful negotiator and are have knowledge of metals (machining, fabrications, extrusions, castings), this could be the job for you!
We take safety seriously and have protective measures in place. As part of our essential procurement team, this role will work onsite in our London, ON office and not remotely.
- Lead cross functional sourcing projects that support daily production, specific projects and new product development
- Analyze MRP outputs, respond to MRP action messages, plan strategies and coordinate all procurement activities relative to fulfilling site requirements
- Analyze requisition requirements, evaluate bids and award contracts to the best qualified suppliers
- Participate and lead negotiation of large value purchases and supplier agreements
- Implementation of strategic supplier development program, inducing and developing global sourcing, ensuring procurement timeliness and developing purchasing cost and reduction programs
- Measure and ensure supplier performance against key performance indicators such as cost, on time delivery, quality performance targets and conformance to contract terms
- Identify and implement cost saving and process improvement opportunities through ongoing review of spend categories with consideration of opportunities for contract consolidation
- Interact with other internal customers (engineering, quality, etc…) to solve and negotiate difficult problems or opportunities, including quality management issues
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.
- Minimum 5 Years of purchasing experience
- Knowledge of metals commodity
- Validated background in negotiation
- Knowledge of Lean tools related to procurement
- Ability to multi-task within tight deadlines, and prioritize critical issues that arise
- Strategic Mindset – move strategy to action
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Post-secondary education in related field preferred
- Background in electronics / electrical technology an asset
- SCMP or CPP certification
- Familiarity with e-procurement / e-sourcing applications