TFC CNC Team Leader
Amsted Automotive Group, London, Ontario, is looking for a CNC Team Leader to co-ordinate daily activities based on requirements as directed by the Production Supervisor recording, reporting, and communicating all product, people, and equipment concerns to appropriate personnel.
The team leader is capable of running of various equipment (including changeover, part loading, machine operation, unloading, packing, and inspection) and seen as process specific expert based on past experience.
ABOUT THE ROLE
TransForm Products, a business unit of Amsted Automotive Group, is an industry leading manufacturer of efficient torque management systems and advanced net formed solutions. We are located in Canada, Illinois, Wisconsin, Mississippi, Mexico and several locations throughout Michigan. (www.Amstedauto.com)
Amsted automotive, is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted has 45 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries and employs more than 16,000 people throughout the world. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Location of work: 3745 Commerce Road, London, Ontario N6n 1R1
WHAT YOU'LL DO
In addition to the CNC Operator responsibilities (see CNC Operator Job description), the Team Leader:
- Runs various equipment (including changeover, part loading, machine operation, unloading, packing, inspection and relieving other team members as needed)
- Performs quality checks on own work, or work of others as required for quality
- Signs off and oversees on the job training
- Troubleshoots as required, investigating and carry out activities for improvements to the processes in the department.
- Carry out preventative maintenance activities as required to minimize downtime and ensure a smooth flow of operations through optimal performance of equipment / tooling
- Provides leadership by promoting, setting example, and providing operators with guidance that supports team effort, operational visions, values, goals
- Completes work assignments with accuracy, sense of urgency, and in a safe manner in accordance with established standards, and all applicable Regulations / Legislation
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Manufacturing Engineering Technician or Technologist Diploma
- Or a combination of over four years of trade related work experience or industry courses in machining
- Experience in automotive and/ or manufacturing environment
- Effective interpersonal / communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to perform all Manufacturing Associate duties
• Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending, stooping and performing repetitive motion tasks.
• Excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds infrequently
• Usage of a computer and other productivity machinery such as a SAP hand held scanner and control panels
Environmental Requirements and Conditions:
• Possess working knowledge of IATF16949, ISO 14001, and Q1 compliance criteria
• Work is performed in a manufacturing environment with continuous exposure to noise
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
We offer an industry competitive salary; comprehensive benefits, rewarding and engaging work environment, working with an acknowledged and growing industry leader.
• Dental care
• Extended Health Care
• DPS, RRSP with employer matching
• Company paid uniforms
• Molded hearing protection
• Company subsidized safety boot and safety glasses programs
• Employee Assistance Program
• Vision Care
• On-Site Parking
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
Amsted Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the entire recruitment process.