Automation Machine Builder - Certified Millwright 433A
Fabricate, build, assemble, and plumb automated machinery and fixtures. Read and follow engineered drawings and schematics and identify and record errors, changes, and adjustments required to optimize the system, so it is functional, efficient, ergonomic, optimized, safe and esthetically pleasing.
- Analyze drawings and coordinate with engineering to make changes where improvements can be made to reduce rework and enable an efficient build, increase accuracy, enhance functionality, and make post-installation maintenance easier
- Obtain and organize materials required to produce Fabrications
- Fabricate parts operating various fabrication equipment including plasma cutter, manual lathe, manual mill, pedestal grinders, MIG Welder, TIG Welder, band saws, hand grinders, drill presses, etc.
- Conduct tests of parts to identify defects and ensure parts meet required specifications
- Assemble Machines and tooling using approved design packages, build kits, and tooling kits.
- Generate solutions to machine build problems and implement
- Maintain compliance with health and safety procedures; inform management on unsafe practices or hazards identified; maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Attend area whiteboard meetings for planning area activities.
- In place of or with the project lead, as directed, attend white board meetings for projects to present progress and plan, understand the status of other disciplines, understand upcoming key milestones and project risk
- In place of or with the project lead, as directed, attend, and participate in design reviews to analyze mechanical designs and identify areas of improvement to increase accuracy and efficiency
- Implement BOS Standards, identify potential areas of improvement and present them to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Review schematics and discuss with engineering potential amendments to improve accuracy, functionality and safety
- Collect components reflected on schematics and review with engineering additional components that may be required
- Create a layout plan for plumbing while considering efficiency, functionality, future maintenance and appearance
- Complete the mounting and plumbing of the system including piping assembly, installing water and hydraulic supply and creating pneumatic plates
- Coordinate with engineering to identify type of welding materials, develop designs for equipment frames and discuss welding requirements for a project
- Create framework for projects that are accurate and within tolerances, meet customer specifications, exhibit quality CWB standards and are esthetically pleasing
- Complete modifications to existing equipment due to engineering changes
- Design and create guarding, internal tables and stands at times without engineered drawings
- 5+ years’ experience as a licensed 433A Millwright
- Experience working in Automation Manufacturing Industry
- Knowledge of machine building and robotic processes
- Understanding of metallurgy and welding processes
- Knowledge of health and safety and safe operation procedures
- Familiarity of industries related to machine building
- Knowledge of rigging and hoisting
- Organize information/components
- Check for detail/accuracy
- Trouble Shooting
- Attention to detail
- Communicating clearly/concisely
- Critical thinking/problem solving
- Assessing priorities
- Time Management
- Work independently
- Read and understand blue prints and schematics
- Safely operate various hand and power tools
- Lift heavy objects and maneuver in restricted areas
- Safely operate grinders, plasma cutters and cutting torches (Fabrication)
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. BOS welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible work hours
- Profit Sharing
- Multiple extended health care plans to choose from
- Subsidized lunch program
- Training development program
- Monthly staff appreciation lunches & socials
- Bi-annual company events
- Career planning & goal setting
- Employee recognition program
- Performance appraisal program
- BOS promotional clothing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer supported volunteer program
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this job