Job ID 125648Date posted 07/09/2021Location : London, Canada
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Operations Supervisor will provide strategic operational oversight for all production operating facilities with moderate presence in multiple regions or moderate degree of complexity. In this role, you will oversee and hold operating facilities accountable to standards for safety, quality, operational effectiveness and financial performance.
- Execute routine operations of assigned area, ensuring direct reports are following policies and procedures related to employee, food and feed safety and environmental compliance.
- Monitor production outcomes, quantity, and quality to ensure customer and food safety requirements are within specifications.
- Partner with the rest of the operational supervisory team to meet customer specifications and discuss daily KPIs metrics.
- Administrate production budget for a department, process, or shift.
- Develop operational plans and monitors routine operations for all production processes for multiple departments, processes and shifts.
- Develop, supervise and provide coaching to direct reports including coaching company core values and guiding principles for assigned facilities or region.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Lean six sigma
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Be able to work overtime on daily basis or weekends as required
- Available to work on cold manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and minimum knowledge of SAP
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- One year of supervisory experience
- Food Industry experience
- Good analytical skills, making decisions based on data
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.