Permanent Set-up Technician (Line Maintainer)
McCormick Canada continues its long track record of growth and is a respected leader in the spice, seasoning, flavouring and specialty food industry. We work hard to provide quality products such as our Club House spices, Billy Bee honey and newly acquired Frank’s RedHot and French’s.
The Power of People is one of our five pillars. It has been the foundation for McCormick's success for decades. There is something inspiring about working at McCormick. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values. Without our employees, our success is not possible. Our commitment to our customers, our consumers, and our employees is unsurpassed.
McCormick Canada is currently looking to hire a FT permanent Line Maintainer to join our London team. This position is for our “E” weekend night shift (7pm-7am, Saturday, Sunday, one weekday).
Description of Position:
- Ability to perform all tasks related to production. Tasks include, but are not limited to: line changeover, troubleshooting equipment, assisting with preventative maintenance, performing and documenting test runs and product trials, data collection, and assist with CI projects.
- Operate production equipment in a safe and efficient manner following all company policies and procedures.
- Provide direction to team members assigned to production line to which the line maintainer is assigned.
- Assist in the training of new team members.
- Fill in for team members when needed to cover for absence or assist in training
- Communicate relevant issues to Lead Hands, Maintenance, Supervisors, and other departments as required.
- Following GMP's, Allergen and HACCP procedures.
- Adhere to all safety and lockout procedures and guidelines.
- Hold Tier 1 meetings
- Complete additional training as required.
- Other assignments as required.
- OSSD diploma or equivalent and successful passing of basic qualification testing.
- Education in a related field would be an asset.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience operating and maintaining food packing/filling lines or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude, trouble-shooting capability, and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a team environment.
- Experience with SAP would be an asset.
- Physically capable of performing all tasks related to production including packing, servicing and line supplying.
- Flexibility to work as required between A, B, C, D and E Shifts.
- Ability to work overtime (pre or post shift and weekends).
- Must possess valid driver's license and forklift certification.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply at; www.mccormickcorporation.com, job requisition ID 86146.
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Throughout the selection process, accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. Please notify H.R. if required.