This position is responsible for ensuring Formet and Customer quality requirements are met by providing input in the development of weld processes and resolving welding concerns.
• Post-secondary education – completion of Welding Technologist/Technician Course from a Community or recognized college consisting of two years or more.
The 4 recognized colleges and courses are as follows;
Conestoga College – Welding Engineering Technician – Robotics
Conestoga College – Weld Engineering Technology - Inspection
Northern College – Welding Engineering Technician – Inspection
Northern College – Welding Engineering - Technology
• Some experience with manual Gas Metal Arc Welding.
• Practical experience with industrial robots.
• Understands PPAP requirements is an asset.
Hourly Team Member Benefits
• Shifts rotate every 2 weeks between Days, Afternoons and Midnights
• Shift Premiums of $0.85/hour (afternoons and $1.35/hour (midnights)
• Weekly pay via direct deposit
• Overtime (1.5x) after 40 hours worked (hourly)
• Vacation entitlement
2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 company paid holidays + 2x ½ days = 14 days annually
Option to bank your overtime to earn up to an extra 5 days of paid time off (approved in the same manner as vacation time) (27 hours x 1.5 = 40 hours)
• Skilled Trades referral bonus of $500 following successful hire of candidate
• Medical and Dental Benefits after 1 month of employment.
• Magna will contribute an amount equal to 3% of regular earnings every week to your retirement savings (MBC program)
• Profit sharing paid in the second quarter of every year (EEPPP Program)
• Matched GRRSP
• Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
• Optional group Life Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance for self and spouse
• Safety Shoe, prescription Safety Glasses and Custom Molded Earplug allowance
• Company paid uniforms (if you choose to use)
• Company BBQ, Holiday Parties and Company Events
• Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives - 6k for Water Walk, Support Local Charities (Hospice of Elgin, Adopt a Family (12 in total), STEGH), Children’s Health Foundation and many more)
• Magna Service Award Program
• Roger’s and Bell cellphone data plan available – as low as $50/month!
• Subsidized cafeteria with daily specials including hot vegetarian options – we are known for our amazing cafeteria! Free coffee, juice and tea
• Educational Assistance Program
• Employee Discounts: new vehicles, amusement parks, etc.
• Plant-Wide Continuous Improvement Program: 2022 bonus = $1810
• You get to work with a FANTASTIC Team! One Team, One Formet!