Job Number: 7027
Group: Cosma International
Division: Presstran Industries
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: St. Thomas
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
The Maintenance Mechanic (Millwright) contributes to the safety and efficiency of production operations by regularly inspecting, repairing, modifying and maintaining equipment and machinery as required to minimize downtime.
- Repairs/maintains/inspects/modifies designated machinery/equipment.
- Notifies supervisor/leadhand of replacement parts/fluids as required for preventative maintenance and/or repair.
- Participates in the training of apprentices as assigned by supervisor
- Completes PM as assigned by Supervisor
- Ensures all guards are in place.
- Uses proper safety equipment on aerial work platforms at or above 9 feet.
- Flexible to work on many projects simultaneously, able to prioritize. Be flexible and open to changes in assignment to provide support to other areas of the department.
- Ability to operate production equipment, as required.
- Takes part in the continuous improvement process to improve productivity and quality (provides suggestions, participates in problem-solving, volunteers on committee or focus group activities, etc.) and focuses on solutions.
- Ensures the on-going safety of machines before and after repairs
- Assists other maintenance trades as required.
- Ensure that repairs made meet all standards of work requirements and are completed quickly and efficiently
- Follows and adheres to requirements of current customer quality and environmental management systems standards
- Uses Maintenance Reliability Manager Maintenance Program
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner when receiving or giving feedback/information, whether it is positive or constructive.
Must be a licensed Industrial Millwright.
2. Equivalent to completion of specialized courses normally taught in community or Specialty College consisting of more than 2 academic years.
3. Industrial experience considered an asset.
4. Own tools required.
5. Skill gained by experience
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.