Senior Accounting Associate
We are seeking a Senior Accounting Associate with demonstrated problem solving and process improvement abilities, a primary responsibility for this role.
The candidate will support the internal and external financial reporting process, meeting deadlines and ensuring the integrity of the Company’s financial data.
As well, the candidate will provide business partners with timely, relevant and insightful financial reporting, analysis and business decision support.
Once established the candidate will have the opportunity to learn, month end close process, applying accounting policy, prepare advanced business analysis, and develop a critical understanding of project accounting and procedures.
- Accumulates and consolidates monthly data, prepares and analyzes standard and custom internal financial reports, and supports the month end process including recording and reviewing journal entries, as required, and reconciliations.
- Supports new project orders for compliance with revenue recognition policy, ensuring documentation is complete and appropriate approvals are in place.
- Assists with margin analysis, identify trends, provide insights, and partner with functional area owners to support tactical and strategic business decisions.
- Contribute in detailed cost center analysis, research irregularities, and propose corrections.
- Partner with global accounting teams to analyze balance sheet and P&L variances to forecast.
- Partner with capital project owners to analyze active capital projects for compliance with budget and accounting requirements, report monthly capital spend, and measure ROI.
- Perform annual fixed asset review for useful life evaluation
- Assist in quarterly E&O and scrapping exercises globally.
- Assist in monthly reporting for KPIs and CVDs and analyze variances to target.
- Assist in preparation of month-end flash reporting.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed to help the business understand current issues and forecast future trends.
- Act as a subject matter expert for your areas of responsibility.
- Identify, develop, and implement standard work and efficiency improvements.
- Communicate and ensure compliance of accounting policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in team projects, including but not limited to SOX testing and audits.
- Successfully manage competing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Drive continuous process improvement using DBS (Danaher Business Systems) tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required; advantage in holding, or close to obtaining, a professional accounting designation – CPA
- Public accounting experience is an asset, but not required.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP required
- 5-7 years of progressive finance and accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of standard business practices in a public company
- Demonstrated track record of delivering results beyond expectations
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis
- Ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Use of financial reporting tools including experience with a large ERP, Baan, LN, MIS, SAP and Microsoft office Suite with intermediate Excel skills.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to think out of the box
- Motivated, results oriented self-starter who will actively work to expand existing skills
Critical Competencies / Leadership Anchors:
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results
- Communication: Clearly organizes and expresses information and ideas to meet the needs of the organization in an appropriate fashion
- Technical Skills: Understands and uses the appropriate equipment and / or technology to achieve the desired outcomes safely, efficiently, and effectively
- Results Orientation: The tendency to keep the desired end result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work clearly in mind, by setting goals and focusing on them until they are achieved
- Attention to Detail: A concern for ensuring that work and information are complete and accurate, by preparing carefully for meetings and presentations, and following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled
- Customer Service: Effectively performs actions and provides assistance that focus on the needs of the customer and / or co-workers; develops and sustains productive customer relationships
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: The ability to seek information from a variety of sources and in a variety of ways, to clarify situations and to facilitate effective planning, decision-making, and problem solving
- Interpersonal Awareness: The ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others
- Self-Management: Performs independently with minimal oversight to achieve organizational and institutional goals while conducting all aspects of the job in accordance with prescribed regulations and guidelines; employs a sense of honesty and truthfulness in regard to the motivations for one’s actions (ethics & integrity)
- Professional and Technical Knowledge: Understanding and utilizing policies, procedures, technology, regulations, stakeholder interests, as well as economic, financial, and industry data to accurately diagnose and identify key issues, when developing strategies and plans
Is this You?
You are a passionate self-starter who is interested in a challenging, results-driven position. You have a desire to join a fast-growing, customer-focused company making big waves in the water space. You enjoy helping people, people like and trust you, and you thrive in a team environment. Dive In - Have Impact.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values.
At Danaher, we’re driven by a sense of wonder for what we can create—and what we can become. Here, you’ll accelerate your career while driving innovation that improves lives. You’ll work hard and try new things, with guidance from committed leaders, powerful DBS tools, and the support of a global organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.