IT Helpdesk Support Specialist
Join a dynamic IT team in a rapidly growing North America firm! The IT Helpdesk Support Specialist will configure, install, and maintain end user IT systems including devices, software, and cloud applications. The ideal candidate will enjoy variety in their work and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. As part of our IT team, you will be responsible for providing an Extraordinary Customer Experience to our internal end-users.
We are looking for an aspiring IT professional that wants to be the first point of contact for our internal end-user support processes as we continue our growth across North America!
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
- Collaborate with tight knit team to ensure that JMP’s IT systems, computers, servers, and software systems are properly functioning, supported and available to all users with minimal downtime
- Research and implement innovative ways to streamline deployment and support of IT systems and end-user hardware in a rapidly growing company
- Liaise with end-users across North America to deploy and support their devices and applications
- Manage our internal ticketing queue to support end-user requests and issues
- Provide onboarding training to new end-users on applications and standards
- Provide input and adhere to the IT business plan providing effective and efficient internal IT processes and systems
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- Interest in IT industry, including best practices, recommended applications and systems, and extensive overall general IT knowledge
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality results
- Customer service skills; an ability to build rapport and confidently diffuse frustrated end-users
- Ability to successfully collaborate with a team
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple requests and tasks
- Ability to learn new technologies
- A basic understanding of networking (subnetting, VLANs, VPN, and wireless)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills related to the OSI Model and windows active directory
- Experience utilizing and deploying enterprise security and anti-virus/malware
- Microsoft 365 experience an asset
- Working towards or interest in working towards certifications in Microsoft, ITILv3, CompTIA A+ and Cisco
- College Diploma in a related discipline is required
- An ability to travel; although this position is based out of our London Corporate Office, there is an anticipated 5-10% travel within North America.
What Does Success Look Like in this Role?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. Essential to success at JMP, employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 15 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest growing Systems Integrators in the world, and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2020 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2020, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion and for Women 2020.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why Join the JMP Team?
At JMP we invest in our employees. JMP provides a very challenging work environment and believes in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem-solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.
What Do Our Employees Say about JMP?
“JMP is a great place to work because everyone on the team has the opportunity to make meaningful and significant contributions to the projects they are working on. We are always working on innovative projects in a wide range of industries which always keeps the job interesting.”
- Employee, Automation & Robotics Division
“I love working at JMP because it’s fast-paced and I’m never bored. There is a ton of room to grow and I’m always able to push my boundaries and feel supported while doing it. I have been given a lot of great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.”
“I have been bombarded with new things and JMP has the support structure both in the office and across North America to help me smoothly navigate this transition. My advice to new hires at JMP is to take advantage of the resources available to you. There are 250+ other employees you can learn from and so many different directions you can take your career.”
- Employee, Fairfield Office
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.