We are Trojan Technologies, an organization that ensures greater water confidence and environmental stewardship for people, industries and municipalities, improving the lives of over one billion people globally. The products and services provided by Trojan play vital roles in making various stages of the water treatment process more effective, efficient and sustainable. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Trojan Technologies will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
We are looking for a Global Director, Marketing, to work with our global team, enabling customers to meet their water quality objectives by providing eco-efficient solutions that reduce and recover costs, energy, resources and space.
The Global Director, Marketing provides leadership and drive cross-functional alignment to deliver company objectives, including but not limited to:
- Build and develop a high performing, growth-oriented Marketing team – including focus on both Strategic and Tactical Marketing,
- Assess current and future market conditions/dynamics, competition and changing customer/prospect dynamics in order to influence successful product commercialization.
- Lead brand, external and internal communication strategies (including graphic design), tactical plans and programs to optimize market share and marketing mix - including outbound marketing, web/digital marketing, Customer-facing Events and commercial learning.
- Ensure the team is doing the rights things (focusing on the critical few) and doing things right (leveraging DBS and best demonstrated practices)
- Drive organizational alignment to successfully build and grow Trojan Technologies’ commercial capabilities and channel strength
- Define the appropriate marketing organization for the company’s maturity/size and build and manage a high-performance team.
- In partnership with the Sales, Service and Product Management leaders, develops and drives the growth agenda of Trojan Technologies.
- Execute in-depth competitive assessment studies and Voice of Customer/market research to drive recommendations for growth, including playing a critical leadership role in the annual strategic planning process.
- Own definition and successful implementation of global campaigns and market segment promotional programs including web marketing campaigns to maintain distinct market positioning, and to drive brand preference & customer loyalty
- Build and execute other Demand Creation Programs as needed to maximize growth potential.
- Develop go-to-market strategies for new products; reviews existing go-to-market strategies to optimize growth.
- Ensure base business is intact, but courage to review and challenge existing processes.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the marketing strategy and identify new Marketing areas/methods/tools to support the business growth.
- Optimize KPI`s to measure effectiveness of marketing strategies and programs.
- Develop the company´s global marketing budget and manage costs in line with the budget.
- Support in-organic business development (potential acquisitions, partnerships and alliances).
Other Non-Essential Functions
- Actively participates in the development/execution of the SCR program
- Performs other duties as required
Critical Competencies / Leadership Anchors
- Strategic Thinking and Leadership – Capable of creating and achieving a desired future state (vision) through influence on company values, individual and group goals, execution of plans, value reinforcements, and systems.
- Impact – Commanding attention and respect, showing an air of confidence without creating an air of superiority. Must have “executive presence” and be able to immediately establish credibility within the organization and with customers and partners. Simply put, gets things done.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – Working effectively with both direct and indirect (those outside the formal line of authority) organizations to accomplish company goals; taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting the team’s decisions; subordinating personal objectives to the objectives of the company or team.
- Global Agility – Experience leading and operating successfully in a global environment and being a change agent for creating cultural awareness.
- Developing Organizational Talent – Developing members’ skills and competencies by planning effective development activities related to current and future positions and needs.
- Organizational Awareness – Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, pressures and culture within the company to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities; perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the company as well as the impact on clients and suppliers. Being able to work closely with functional support organizations to effectively achieve goals.
- Communications – Presenting ideas effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to motivate and inspire both direct and indirect organizations through effectively articulating the opportunities and challenges throughout the organization.
- Integrity – Nothing less than 100 percent ethical conduct can be acceptable.
- High Energy – setting the example by the highest work ethic and passion to excel, with the common thread bring Continuous Improvement.
- Technology Awareness – Maintaining an open mind to the possibilities created by new technology advancements. Accepting responsibility for staying abreast of technology waves and resultant business implications.
Education, Background and Skill Requirements
- BS or BA in Engineering or the Sciences required
- 7 years relevant experience in marketing, corporate strategy, product management/development experience with 3-5 years in a leadership position.
- Business background with MBA or equivalent highly desirable
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels - ability to present highly complex, technical, or difficult messages clearly and persuasively
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in sales, marketing, and business strategy.
- Demonstrated results in gaining share.
- Ability to do fact-based research and analysis of market, competitor and customer data.
- Experience in market and product segmentation leading to competitive advantage in product and go-to-market strategy.
- Experience with direct and distributor sales and support organizations in multiple technology platforms.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven team oriented environment – gets critical priorities done.
- Proven track record building, leading, motivating and developing teams and building a world class marketing organization.
- Experience and facility working in a lean / kaizen culture, with a track record of utilizing these methodologies in a commercial setting
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize clearly and manage finite resources
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
Is this You?
You are a passionate self-starter who is interested in a challenging, results-driven position. You have a desire to join a fast-growing, customer-focused company making big waves in the water space. You enjoy helping people, people like and trust you, and you thrive in a team environment. Dive In - Have Impact.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture! These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values!
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.