Customer Service Manager
McCormick & Co, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor, and seasonings industry, is seeking a full time Customer Service Manager on the NA Customer Service Team. This new hire will work at McCormick Canada located at 600 Clarke Road in London, Ontario. The Customer Service Manager will report to the NA Customer Service Director.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick brings passion to flavor™!
Position Overview/Primary Purpose:
This position has responsibility for managing the Customer Service area for either Consumer or Industrial portfolios within the Customer Service organization. Responsibilities include managing, executing, and administrating the strategy and operations for this department, as well as driving efficient practices to optimize and streamline processes and monitor/measure activity to ensure customer service levels are meeting business unit objectives. This position facilitates and provides leadership with regards to communications between business partners, ensuring operational execution and overall leadership to a specific portfolio of customer service personnel. This role is expected to communicate key findings and observations within the organization that supports executive decisions.
- Provides leadership, coaching, support and training to develop customer service personnel
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs
- Provide and maintain effective transparent performance feedback and recognition
- Assists in setting annual goals to achieve departmental and functional goals that are aligned with business partner objectives
- Manage customer service activities to ensure execution of business unit and/or customer specific service levels and department needs
- Maintains metrics and reporting to ensure consistent performance attainment
- Acts as liaison between Customer Service organization and business unit Sales/Supply/Operations managers
- Implement programs and procedures governing the manner in-which customer service activities will be conducted
- Provide strategic planning to recommend, develop, lead, and implement projects and process improvement programs to support Customer Service, GE-OTC and Business objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field or 10 years experience in lieu of
- 6+ years Business experience required in Customer Service, Supply Chain
- 2+ years supervisory experience (required)
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively across functions and interact at all levels of the organization
- Excellence in motivating others in a positive way toward challenging outcomes
- Proven experience in conflict resolution
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks with changing deadlines and priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience participating in and/or actively leading mid-sized projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- SAP experience, strongly preferred
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, inventory management, warehouse and distribution.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.