Location: London, Canada
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2023
Requisition ID: 1448
Job Category: Engineering
Career Level: P54 - Specialist
Remote Work Options: Hybrid
Clearance Type: Ability to obtain
Key Job Elements and Responsibilities:
- Analyze problem reports and collaborate with stakeholders in engineering, production, supply chain management and configuration management to develop and implement corrective actions/updates to engineering TDP.
- Provide in-person support to production line as required to investigate and develop a clear understanding of issues.
- Maintain active and professional communication with all involved stakeholders.
- Coordinate with production and engineering to organize and conduct trials/tests as required to prove out corrective actions.
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives, and as requested, lead such initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for self-development and raise ideas to supervisor attention.
- Support quality and RCCA related activities as requested.
- Support the development and maintenance of Best Practice documents as requested.
- University degree or college diploma in relevant engineering discipline.
- 3 to 5 years relevant engineering experience.
- Superior oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- High analytical skills to solve problems at component, subsystem and system/vehicle level.
- Ability to travel (5% Cdn) and (5% US & International) and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport.
- Must be able to meet Anthropometrical Size Requirements for confined space.
- Experience with Teamcenter Active Workspace or similar PLM software.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and/or hands on practical experience.
- Proficiency with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to understand and review to GDLS-C drawing standards.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management principles.
- Proficient with GDLS-C processes and products.
- Eng. or ability to obtain P. Eng designation.