Relief Decorating Mixer / Full-Time Production
Dessert Holdings is a leading baked goods platform providing premium layer cakes, cheesecakes, brownies, bars, and other desserts to the retail in-store bakery ("ISB") and foodservice channels on a largely private label basis. We are a rapidly growing company comprised of The Original Cakerie (acq. December 2015), Lawler's Foods (acq. July 2016), and Atlanta Cheesecake Company (acq. January 2018). We are poised for continued growth by bringing high quality products to both retail grocery and food service across North America. Led by a senior team with strong company pedigrees and experience driving improvement – we have exciting opportunities to be a part of this high performance, growth focused organization.
We are currently have an opportunity for a Relief Mixer/Full-Time Production person to join our team.
Position description: Relief mixers are fully trained mixers who work in both mixing and production roles. Mixing will take priority over production when scheduling. Relief Mixers will provide mixing coverage for scheduled and unscheduled absences.
Mixing Responsibilities & Duties: (this is meant to be an outline, not an exhaustive list of responsibilities)
- Mix ingredient batches in exact accordance with the recipe formulation and specifications.
- Supply production team with batch output requirements in a timely, as needed basis.
- Work as a team to achieve daily production yields, efficiency and productivity targets.
- Ensure all paperwork is kept in order, completed promptly and accurately and submitted on time.
- Maintain the highest quality & safety standards, adhering to all GMPs, policies and procedures.
- Ensure the area is kept clean and tidy at all times, to prevent potential contamination and/or injury.
- Prepare QA samples and documentation as needed.
- Liaising with relevant personnel on equipment repairs as needed to prevent and minimize downtime.
- Support the training and development of other members within the team.
- Ensure the overall efficiency and productivity of the operation is maintained at a high standard.
- Keeps downtime, material and time waste to a minimum
- Providing direction, leadership and training to other mixers when in 1st Mixer role
- Must be able to wear mandatory respiratory equipment (face must be clean shaven)
- Have strong communication (oral and written) and comprehension skills
- Be able to work quickly, under pressure, and have a sense of urgency
- Be able to record and reconcile information while prioritizing
- Have the ability to work independently and with minimal direction
- Have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- The flexibility to meet the ever-changing needs of the department
- Outstanding work safe attitude and safety record
- Good attendance record
- Heavy lifting required
Wage: $17.63 - $22.65 during probation (Production hours paid at $17.63, Mixing hours paid at $20.38 for 2nd Mixer & $22.65 for 1st Mixer)
$19.59 - $25.17 after probation (Production hours paid at $19.59, Mixing hours paid at $22.65 for 2nd Mixer & $25.17 for 1st Mixer)
This position also provides comprehensive benefits package and RRSP contributions after probation is complete.
Shift: A shift - hours will vary depending on position needed, but will start between 12:00am - 5:45am and finish between 8:30am - 2:15pm (8.5 hour shifts)
We appreciate your interest in joining The Original Cakerie team. Due to volume of candidates applying, only short listed applicants will be contacted.