This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Aug 18, 2023
Quality Assurance Manager
St. Thomas, Ontario (Talbotville rural location)
Chief Executive Officer
Founded in 2002, Ontario Plants Propagation Limited aims to be North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. Our customers put their trust in us to provide premium-quality vegetable plants year-round. To achieve this, we must hire motivated & passionate people that support our workforce and facilities.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join our team and oversee the quality management system to facilitate compliance with company objectives and regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate will support the business in quality assurance, policy planning and development, and ongoing quality improvement through internal audits.
- Develop, Implement and Manage the Quality Management System (QMS) including development and tracking of key performance indicators.
- Develop, Implement and Manage the Biosecurity program as a key element of the QMS including management and execution of the Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP)
- Establish and implement quality assurance standards and processes and plants including verification of quality indicators in plants both in greenhouse and prior to shipping
- Support sanitation activities through sanitation effectiveness checks, annual validations and development of enhanced practices.
- Establish, manage and execute the Internal Audit program to ensure compliance to QMS and Biosecurity programs including tracking and communication of audit findings to the senior management team with guidance regarding the development of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Preventive Actions
- Management of the Document Management System including policy, procedure, instruction, guidance and form and template development in collaboration with departments and senior management
- Lead investigations into non-conformances including those raised during audits, inspections and customer complaints
- Identify training needs and recommend action to ensure organizational compliance including the support of training on procedures and policies as required
- Analyze data to identify trends and provide timely feedback to the COO and Senior Management on quality issues including recommendation of corrective actions and preventative measures
- Performs other QA/QC duties as assigned
Physical Location/Working Conditions:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Food Science, Quality, or related discipline
- 8 + years of experience in quality assurance (3 years management capacity)
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills required
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Greenhouse located in a rural area; own transportation required
- Greenhouse environment is subject to changes in conditions such as temperature (high heat) and humidity
Salary: From $ 60,000 To: $ 80,000 based on experience
This role is classified as an agriculture employee / farm employee. See the following link for more details about this classification from ESA http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/factsheets/fs_agri.php
How to apply:
Submit your resume:
Mail: 38024 John Wise Line, St. Thomas, Ontario N5P 3T2
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject title: Quality Assurance Manager
Fax: 519 637 2449
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 519-637-2119. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those meeting the requirements will be considered.