Embedded Software Developer Intern
We are in search of a keen software developer with a curious interest in embedded development and aspires to learn and apply new skills and technologies. As a member of the Research and Development Software Team, you will work collaboratively with experienced developers focused on embedded platforms.
- Research, experiment and apply innovative technologies, keeping the organization at the leading edge.
- Code robust modules and features using proven methodologies such as unit testing and test-driven development (TDD).
- Drive continuous improvement of yourself, team and the organization by setting and measuring goals.
- Serve as a technical resource to other groups to ensure common initiatives drive to completion.
- Collaborate with the team to deliver maximum customer value in short, sustainable lead-times while providing utmost quality for customers and society.
Critical Competencies / Core Behaviours:
- Quickly learns when faced with new challenges; undeterred by the knowledge that some lessons are learned from setbacks.
- Motivated by the challenge of new work; proactively seeks answers.
- Strives to deliver the highest quality output and collaborates with the team to deliver on shared goals.
- Takes initiative to practice and apply new skills to continuously improve performance; is accountable for meeting commitments.
- Looks beyond the obvious symptoms to uncover their underlying root cause (5 Whys).
- Continuous learner; demonstrates high levels of curiosity.
- Natural collaborator but can work independently when required.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Working experience with embedded C/C++ programming.
- Actively participates in planning discussions, regardless of the relative skill level of others in the group.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Design and troubleshooting skills related to embedded systems.
- Operated within an Agile process, particularly Scrum.
- Experience with NXP (Freescale) silicon and tools.
- Understanding of embedded operating systems, such as FreeRTOS.
- Experience with Python, Microsoft Visual C#.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance in software or electronics field.
- Experience writing and debugging software/firmware drivers for peripherals from schematics and datasheets.
- Familiar with industrial fieldbuses such as Modbus, EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, CAN bus, etc.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.