Supervisor, Shipping and Receiving
WeedMD Inc. is the publicly traded parent company of WeedMD RX Inc. a licence holder producing and distributing cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse, outdoor and processing facility located in Strathroy, ON as well as a fully licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, ON processing facility, specializing in cannabis extraction. With the addition of Starseed Medicinal, a medical-centric brand, WeedMD has expanded its multi-channeled distribution strategy. Starseed’s industry-first, exclusive partnership with LiUNA, the largest construction union in Canada, along with employers and union groups complements WeedMD’s direct sales to medical patients. The Company maintains strategic relationships in the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as eight provincial distribution agencies where adult-use brands Color Cannabis and Saturday Cannabis are sold. WeedMD is also the exclusive Canadian producer and distributor of award-winning U.S.-based wellness brand Mary’s Medicinals, sold in both the medical and adult-use channels.
The Supervisor, Shipping and Receiving is the primary leader for shipping and receiving employees, ensuring that finished goods are retrieved from production, stored, and loaded for outbound shipments.
- Leadership and supervision of shipping employees across all shifts, including scheduling and time card approval.
- Ensure shipping employees perform job responsibilities correctly and safely, with a focus on scanning accuracy.
- Ensure all shipping documents are created and maintained accurately.
- Receives and examines incoming shipments as well as expedites shipments as required.
- Maintains all files and records related to shipping operations.
- Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
- Follows daily manufacturing work orders giving special attention to various materials.
- Unloads shipping trucks as required.
- Assists shipping area with package procedures as requested.
- Reports any concerns or discrepancies to management.
- Ensure that product is shipped properly and Hold product is handled according to guidelines and disposition.
- Develop improvement plans to increase efficiency in the shipping operation.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping and cleanliness in the Shipping
- Perform shipping functions as needed, including driving a forklift.
- Understanding of all inventory functions and back up to Supervisor, Inventory.
- Performs other duties as required
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, Business, Management, or Logistics; or equivalent experience
with high school diploma/equivalency
- A minimum of 5 years in a leadership/supervisory role, food manufacturing preferred
- Proficient with MS Office suite
- Forklift driving experience – acquire or maintain forklift license on required equipment
- Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
- Excellent organization, communication and follow-up skills
- Able to influence others & manage conflict
- Ability to self-direct and take constructive action in ambiguous situations
- Extremely high standards of excellence
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program