Associate Specialist, Program Coordinator (OWSS)
About the Organization
A career with General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada (GDLS-C) offers plenty of excitement, innovation, and challenge. With lots of global collaboration within the Land Systems family, we are a world-class defence industry leader with expertise in the design and manufacture of light and medium armoured vehicles. In addition to winning Canadian Defence reviews award in 2016 for best Canadian defence company, GDLS-C offers a team-based, collaborative culture, with a passion for innovation and a great focus on development and growth for employees. General Dynamics is recognized as #13 in Forbes top 300 Canadian employers. Our Total Rewards team aims to focus on defining GDLS-C’s strategy to attract motivate, retain and engage employees.
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve, drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity in our Program department for a highly skilled communicator with a drive for excellence to join our London team!
Your duties will also include:
- Monitor, coordinate and report on program activities within the scope of the contract to ensure deliverables achieve cost, schedule and performance
- Coordinate and facilitate progress meetings with internal teams and the customer, coordinating resolution and follow up on technical or programmatic issues, as required
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers
- Track program issues and follow-up for resolution
- Track and manage contract amendments
- Maintain contractual files and correspondence
- Coordinate contract changes and amendments, as required
- Prepare meeting minutes and monitor action items from weekly program meetings
- Create and monitor work orders and amendments against budget
- Log, file, track and submit CDRL deliverables, CCPs, and other incoming and outgoing communications, as required
- Track and oversee various other reports (program proposals and payment plans) and tools used for effective program decision making
- Submit all program deliverables per contractual requirements
- Prepare contractual correspondence; including, meetings/presentation material
- Facilitate proposals through the organization and the bid and proposal process, as required
- Exercise a mindset of continuous process improvements and efficiencies
- Ensure all Program activities meet compliance requirements (ITAR/EAR/FCPA/GP/SOX, etc.)
- Short term special assignments, as required
- University degree or College diploma
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to respond to customer requirements and manage expectations while ensuring satisfaction
- Customer and detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to plan, analyze and solve problems
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to be agile and multi-task under pressure
- Self-motivated and effective working in a team-oriented environment
- Strong oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel (5%) and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
- Project management or program experience
- PMP designation or working towards
- Product knowledge or defense industry or military experience
- Familiarity with government contracts
- Familiarity with GDLS-C processes and various functional areas
- Related customer experience
- EVMS and Bid-X experience
About the Benefits
At GDLS-C, you'll be welcomed into a tight-knit and social team with an excellent health and safety record. As a Fortune 500 company, you'll also gain valuable industry experience and have opportunities to take your career to new heights.
In addition to a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with your individual skills and experience, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Performance-based incentive award
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Flex time and vacation package
- Tuition assistance for you and your dependents
- Long and short-term disability, life, AD&D insurance
- Group RRSP
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
If you are looking for that next dynamic Program opportunity and looking to take the next step in your career - apply to join the General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada today!
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.