Automation Designer - Business Development Lead
Since 1969, Armo-Tool has been a family owned and operated business. Now in our third generation, we have earned a reputation built on providing complete “one-stop” precision tooling solutions, from the design stage to the beginning of production. Our over 50-year history of building long-term relationships with manufacturing companies throughout North America is based on a focus on service and repeatable quality.
While our industry does rely on continuous investment in precision machinery and design systems, our success depends on the unique skills, knowledge, and hard work of our employees. Their importance in achieving our mission is reflected in every aspect of our operation.
We are currently looking for a team-oriented full-time Automation Designer to lead business development in the food and beverage industry.
Reporting to the Automation Manager, the successful candidate will work to strategically drive Armo-Tool into a new industry.
The responsibilities for the position will include:
- Lead industry specific design projects.
- Create and implement industry specific design standards for the automation team.
- Work with Armo-Tool sales team to develop customer relations and provide applications support during the quoting phase.
- Train and work with the automation team to develop specialized industry skills.
Education, Skills, and Job Requirements: *
- 5+ years of work experience in custom automation in the food and beverage industry.
- 5+ years using Solidworks.
- Be knowledgeable in best design practices and Canadian sanitation requirements for food and beverage.
- Be knowledgeable of the use of industrial/collaborative robots, pneumatics, and electrical devices.
- Assist in quote preparation which includes estimates on labour hours, materials, etc.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills to allow effective work in a diverse environment.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently without supervision and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
Armo has a very competitive compensation package and other perks including: *
- Flex time.
- Annual tooling, safety shoe, and prescription safety glasses allowance.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D benefits.
- Registered pension plan.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Armo Tool Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Upon individual request, Armo Tool will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment and selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- How many years of experience do you have in the food and beverage industry?
If interested, please email your resume including references and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 519-652-6231
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)