Starting Salary Range $70,000-$85,000
Additional Pay: Bonus and Benefits
Renix has an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join our Technical Team as an Application Scientist. As an expanding, innovative company, Renix provides employees with opportunities to develop and grow in a diverse, flexible work environment.
Our Application Scientists assess new projects at the earliest stages. The selected candidate will review data provided by our customers to imagine the best ways our technology can be configured to suit their needs. Creativity will be encouraged to solve problems that deal with the purification of liquids and how to recover the most value.
Reporting to the Director of Science & Sales, the Application Scientist will work alongside our customers andScience and Sales Team.
- Review and analyze customer specifications and technical documentation.
- Prepare test plans, sampling procedures and analytical methods for customer and internal projects.
- Perform lab and pilot scale testing on process/product streams using methods such as chromatography, spectroscopy, physical chemistry, microbiology, and Renix’s proprietary technology.
- Set-up, operate, repair, maintain laboratory equipment and pilot scale systems.
- Maintain lab in safe and clean manner, including preparing procures and housekeeping for laboratory spaces in keeping with company standards.
- Ensuring all test results, both written and electronic, are verified for accuracy.
- Write formal technical reports for customer and internal projects.
- Perform literature reviews and scientific research on identified industrial purification applications.
- Establish and maintain third party relationships (customers, vendors, and partners).
- Travel to assist with global projects at customer sites.
Successful candidates are self-starters who demonstrate initiative, are life-long learners, have an energetic, positive attitude, and interest in participating in early commercialization environment.
- Post-secondary education in related technical field (Chemistry, Chem Eng. or a related science)
- Demonstrated safe lab practices in experimental planning, preparation, analysis, equipment operation
- 2-5 years relevant experience; leadership experience
- Comfortable working both in-office and remotely
- Willing and qualified to travel to customer sites internationally (Europe and North America) up to 50%
Renix Inc. is an award-winning cleantech company in London, Ontario providing liquid separation and purification solutions for resource processors. Renix combines proven science with the patented RenixUIX™ steady-state ion exchange platform to provide sustainable, efficient and cost-effective solutions for emerging separation challenges. Renix Inc. is dedicated to providing employees with ongoing development opportunities, and a friendly and professional environment in which to work and grow.
Renix will be accepting resumes and cover letters in confidence from interested candidates; only selected candidates will be contacted for follow up.
To express your interest, please submit your information to email@example.com.