Entry Level Packaging Support - Part-Time Weekends
McCormick Canada continues its long track record of growth and is a respected leader in the spice, seasoning, flavouring and specialty food industry. We work hard to provide quality products such as our Club House spices, Billy Bee honey and newly acquired Frank’s RedHot and French’s.
The Power of People is one of our five pillars. It has been the foundation for McCormick's success for decades. There is something inspiring about working at McCormick. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values. Without our employees, our success is not possible. Our commitment to our customers, our consumers, and our employees is unsurpassed.
We are looking for dedicated employees for our Packaging Department to work the weekend shift.
These particular roles are working 24 hours a week, two 12 hours shifts; either Friday and Saturday from 7:00pm until 7:00am, or Saturday and Sunday from 7:00am to 7:00pm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to our packaging lines, which can include; packing product and watching and inspecting product for quality defects
- Ensure quality product via quality procedures and sanitation procedures
- Adhere to all safety policies and regulations
- Accurately complete associated documentation
- Participate in our high-performance teams
- Meet production requirements
- OSSD diploma or equivalent and successful passing of pre-employment qualification testing
- Valid driver’s license (minimum G1)
- Ability to safely perform physical work, including, pushing, pulling, bending, and lifting up to 50lbs
- Ability to safely work in a dusty and wet environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to respond to changing priorities and fluctuating workloads with minimal supervision
As an employer recognized for our exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick Canada offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of our employees and their families.
- Wages starting at $15.43
- Company store with discounted prices
- Global and annual Charity Day with proceeds going to local charities
- Employee assistance program
- Reward and recognition programs
- Additionally, this is a great opportunity for a foot in the door at McCormick, and can lead to full time opportunities
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Throughout the selection process, accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. Please notify H.R. if required.