Full-Time Production Worker
IT'S AN EXCITING TIME TO START A CAREER WITH US!!!
For more than 50 years, London Hospital Linen Service Incorporated (LHLS) has been supporting the needs of hospitals, community healthcare clinics and long-term care facilities in Southwestern Ontario. LHLS offers a stable, friendly, supportive workplace with lots of long-term employees.
If you’re looking for a great workplace that believes in caring for the environment and giving back to the community, LHLS is for you!
LHLS is currently accepting FULL TIME applications for dedicated, quality-oriented PRODUCTION CANDIDATES to work processing linens at our London facility. We are an essential service, and a leading, not-for-profit linen processing corporation. LHLS is southwestern Ontario’s premier laundry facility providing clean, fresh linen to support our partners in their mission of care.
We have 1 permanent Full-time production position available in our OR Department with a starting hourly wage rate of $17.17 per hour + afternoon shift premium of $0.65/hour.
Shift: Tuesday to Friday 3:30 am to 12:00 am, Saturday 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
* Training will be Monday to Friday 6:30 am – 3:00 pm
Why Should You Work for LHLS?
· Permanent Full-Time positions: $17.17—$20.67 per hour.
·There is a $0.65/hour for afternoon shift.
* This is a unionized position therefore; wage increases are set at various hours worked intervals as per the collective agreement.
· Benefits coverage and fully paid by LHLS is provided to Full-Time employees after 3 calendar months
· Employee Assistance Program for all employees
· All employees will be enrolled in a company paid pension plan upon hire the pension contributions are fully provided by LHLS according to collective agreement
· Career advancement and cross training opportunities
· Paid training
· Free parking onsite
· On bus routes
· Uniform provided
Under supervision, the Pack Room Production worker is responsible for the inspection, delinting, hand folding, stacking, assembling and wrapping of surgical linen in preparation for sterilization. The main responsibilities are:
- Removes lint from linen and folds items using the prescribed methodology.
- Inspection of various operating room linens for holes, sticky residue, loose threads, hard stains, loose ties, loose patches, any and all defects.
- Ensures quality processing and assembly of packs using the prescribed methodology.
- Assembles linen packs using the proper quantities of each item and the correct wrapper based on the size of the pack in preparation for sterilization.
- Prepares packs for loading for sterilization, load and start sterilization process.
- Computer use including data entry and scanning of product
- Maintains an orderly, lint-free work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
All Candidates will be required to lift up to 30 lbs. on a repetitive basis; squatting and reaching are physical requirements.
Successful candidates will be motivated individuals who want to contribute to the continued excellence we provide to our health care customers.
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY