AYLMER, ON, CANADA
The Facilities Associate will work in collaboration with the team at Motif Labs to ensure all maintenance and operational needs are met, while adhering to SOPs and complying with quality assurance standards. This position will spend the majority of their day working with their hands: supporting shipping and receiving activities, assembling equipment, moving inventory, and providing maintenance support for processing equipment.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is positioned for significant growth throughout 2021, and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
- Assist with daily shipping and receiving activities, including removing and disposal of packaging materials. Notify the department or person referenced on receiving documents, move product or equipment as directed, remit receiving documents to accounts payable.
- Ensure the receiving area (interior and exterior) are clear of product, packaging etc.
- Assist with assembly of received equipment or products for facility or lab.
- Provide day to day maintenance support on processing equipment. Complete daily visual equipment checks, report any issues to supervisor, assist in repairs, preventative maintenance tasks, clean or change filters etc.
- Provide support to service providers, and sub-contractors when needed.
- Communicate with production staff and move materials as required (co2 cylinders, product barrels, lab consumables).
- Support the sanitation team, including removing used equipment from production space and replacing with clean equipment from storage
- Assist with minor purchases from local stores/vendors as required by Director of Facilities
- Support Inventory Manager as required
- Work as a member of the Packaging Team as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Physically fit; standing and/or sitting will be required for long periods of time and must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time (i.e. gloves, lab coat, hair net, face mask)
- Detail oriented and works well under pressure
- Responsible, dependable, and reliable
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, friendly, and professional
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and communication skills