This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Job Number: 48369
Group: Cosma International
Division: Formet Industries
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: ST. THOMAS
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
The Programmer Analyst’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Programmer Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize and continually improve Formet’s Information Systems.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experienced with various development technologies.
- Experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Experience developing test cases and test plans
- Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations and Formet’s Visions/Values through Magna’s Employee Charter.
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Maintain extremely high ethical standards regarding all sensitive data that you may be exposed to.
- Continuously challenge past practices by actively exploring and implementing new solutions and methodologies to improve the quality and time to market of our product and services to the company.
- Produce a top quality product on time and ensure that it meets or exceeds our customer’s needs. Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Liaise with Systems Analysts, and Systems Engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior team members.
- Support continuous improvement through idea generation and application development.
- Fully utilize the departmental Helpdesk Application by diligently adhering to project dates.
- Communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Flex and adapt in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Perform other duties as designated
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.