Mechanical Product Designer/Engineer
SLEEGERS Engineered Products Inc. is a leading North American supplier of engineered solutions for the pressure vessel and propane industries. We design and manufacture a variety of products including propane motor fuel tanks, commercial and industrial pressure vessels, and automated propane cylinder vending kiosks. We also provide engineering services to the LPG industry.
Founded in 1963 and based in London, Ontario, we are proud to have assembled a diverse team that unites highly skilled fabrication skill sets with innovative engineering professionals to produce exceptional products for our target marketplaces. We are a rapidly growing company serving specialized marketplaces in Canada and the USA.
We are recruiting a Mechanical Product Designer / Engineer to join our engineering team to help support growth and development of the propane industry. In this role the successful candidate will provide design and engineering support, focused on products, and providing overall support to the team. The main duties will include:
- Creating and modifying drawings, 3D models, and bills of materials
- Assisting with engineering calculations and FEA simulations.
- Preparing comprehensive engineering reports
- Supporting non-conformance handling and purchase order reviews
- Aiding in the development and continuous improvement of our engineered products
The Ideal Candidate
- Recently graduated with either a degree in mechanical engineering or similar
- Highly motivated, practical, and detail-oriented
- Highly competent in 3D modelling with SolidWorks
- Strong practical design-for-manufacturability mindset
- Enjoys working in a regulated industry with a variety of codes and standards
- Working towards their P.Eng (EIT) designation
- Competitive compensation package; salary is commensurate with experience
- Opportunity for growth and advancement within SLEEGERS
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit plans
- Retirement plan with employee-employer matched contributions
- Training and development opportunities available to enhance your skill set
SLEEGERS is committed to providing a barrier-free environment and promoting independence, dignity, integration, and equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available, upon request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.