Welcome to Dr. Oetker! We are an international family business whose quality products have appealed to people’s taste for generations. With us you have the chance to shape your future and ours alongside more than 12,000 colleagues in over 40 countries.
- You will be responsible for the electrical controls and process programming of plant infrastructure and process equipment.
- Electrical maintenance is also considered part of your job.
- You will be trained and responsible for maintaining HACCP standards.
- You will be involved in all preventative maintenance programs.
- You will build, install, breakdown and maintain equipment as needed.
- You will be a key member of the maintenance team that will contribute to the success of Dr. Oetker.
- You will report to the Maintenance Foreman.
- You will be part of the team that produces highest quality Dr. Oetker products. Food safety and security is of the utmost importance for Dr. Oetker and for you.
- You will consistently follow all Dr. Oetker Health & Safety policies and procedures, setting a positive example while exercising care within your work to prevent injuries to yourself and to your co-workers.
- You will be an interprovincial licensed Industrial Electrician (442A or 309D) or have obtained an electrical engineering degree.
- You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the capacity of a controls technician or equivalent, preferably in the food or pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of PLC programming changes and modifications using Siemens S7/S5 and TIA portal is required.
- Working knowledge of panel installation, HVAC systems and industrial refrigeration systems would be an asset.
- A TSSA B operator certification would be an asset.
- You must be able to work according to tight schedules and timelines, and have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment while maintaining focus and attention to detail.
- You are able to handle heavy loads (up to 25 KG) and have good hand-eye co-ordination.
- You can stand for long periods of time and are able to work in extreme conditions with a combination of sitting, standing, walking, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling.
- You must be able to touch and work with pork, chicken and beef products.
- You have your own transportation as public transportation is not available.
- You have the ability to work to support a 24/7, 365 operation.
- You are able to work a 2 week shift rotation.
Location: London, Ont.
Start Date: 04/02/2020
Want to shape future with quality? Then we look forward to your application!