Director, Production Planning & Packaging Operations
The Refining Operations Technician is responsible for carrying out winterization, distillation and/or analytical testing processes of Motif’s operation. This role will perform day-to-day duties in compliance with SOPs and Health Canada Regulations under the guidance of the Refining Operations Supervisor.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is experiencing significant growth and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
- Adhere to all SOPs for the operation, analytical testing and maintenance of equipment
- Identify improvement opportunities and report issues in order to maximize efficiency, quality and yield while ensuring safety and reliability
- Perform production tasks such as homogenization, filtration and ethanol recovery
- Ensure timely batch record completion with accuracy
- Achieve daily KPI production goals and indicate limitations in processes
- Keep accurate inventory control on processing material and lab supplies
- Perform sanitation activities as per GPP requirements
- Ensure 100% compliance with QA requirements during day-to-day activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Post secondary education in relevant disciplines such as BSc. in Chemistry or college diploma in Chemical Technology, Industrial Technology or 2+ years in a laboratory production/manufacturing or pharmaceutical experience
- Experience within Cannabis industry is an asset
- Previous distillation, filtration, homogenization and/or hazardous material handling experience preferred
- Mechanical inclination is an asset
- Attention to detail and commitment to safety while operating process equipment
- Positive attitude with strong communication skills
- Strong time management skills including ability to multitask and prioritize
- Shows initiative and ownership of work and willingness to learn
- Basic computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Physically fit; standing and/or sitting will be required for long periods of time and must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Required to pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to work various shift schedules as required
? “Half Continental” rotating shift schedule (Days ONLY): 4 days one week, 3 days the following week
? Sunday through to Saturday (7-day operation). Hours are 7:30am – 8:00pm (12.5 hours)
? Breaks are: three 30 min breaks to be broken up based on team needs and discussed with Supervisor/Manager
NOTE: All candidates are required to pass a criminal background check and provide a copy for employment at Motif. We thank all interested candidates. Only those whom we have selected for an interview will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY:
YOU MUST submit your resume and cover letter to Motif Labs careers page at: www.motiflabs.ca to be considered.
Please note you must be 19 years of age to both enter our website and work for our company. We thank all interested applicants but only those who have been selected for interview will be contacted.
This role is performed on site at our production facility and Motif provides all required PPE and has continued all safety protocols: a well-fitted mask must be worn at all times while indoors and staff are to remain 2M+ apart, COVID screening must be completed every day prior to entering the facility (a QR code is on the front door for you to scan on your phone) and you must show that you have passed screening to Motif’s security personnel.