Welder Grinder ($25.58 to $ 42.64)
About the Organization
A career with General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada (GDLS-C) offers plenty of excitement, innovation, and challenge. With lots of global collaboration within the Land Systems family, we are a world-class defence industry leader with expertise in the design and manufacture of light and medium armoured vehicles. In addition to winning Canadian Defence reviews award in 2016 for best Canadian defence company, GDLS-C offers a team-based, collaborative culture, with a passion for innovation and a great focus on development and growth for employees. General Dynamics is recognized as #13 in Forbes top 300 Canadian employers.
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the men and women who serve, drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
About the Opportunity
Our company is seeking Welder/Grinders to be a part of our Production and Delivery team. We are looking for individuals who are efficient and comfortable working in a team environment, have the ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules. A Welder is responsible for completing welding tasks following the identified procedures in the routing books. This may include welding, grinding, sanding, cutting and cleaning of various parts to various locations on a vehicle or sub-welding parts for the main vehicle. Typical welding postures may include squatting, kneeling, crouching, bending and reaching at various working heights. Tasks required on the interior of the vehicle will require working within a vertical space of 105 to 135 cm and may involve crawling, crouching, stooping, bending, kneeling and/or lying down to access some areas.
- Base hourly starting rate is $25.58 to a maximum of $42.64.
- In addition to your rate, all bargaining unit employees are also entitled to cost of living allowance that is currently $1.09 per hour and an additional $0.60 per hour for participation in the Company’s structured improvement program.
- GDLS-C provides all required equipment to perform work.
- Quarterly performance bonus.
- Shift premium is offered at 5% for afternoon and 10% for midnight shifts
- GDLS-C offers a company paid, comprehensive benefit package for a range of health and dental services for you and your eligible dependents as well as basic life insurance and supplemental life insurance.
- Bargaining unit employees are enrolled in a defined contribution pension plan. There is a required 4% contribution with a 4% company match and up to an additional 2% voluntary contribution which provides another 4% match from the company.
- 1 year post-secondary education in a private welding school or community college or Journeyman Weld certificate. Candidates will possess Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) certified
- All position tickets
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) certified and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) experience would be an asset.
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.