Scrum Master (Remote)
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
The Scrum Master is a key member of the Agile Team who is responsible to support the goals and objectives of the Product Owner to achieve high availability, continuous improvement opportunities for user efficiency and data integrity. The Scrum Master will achieve effective backlog management, facilitate story mapping and assist/create the User Story & Acceptance Criteria to maximize value.
The Scrum Master is fully integrated with the Business Analysts, the Product Owners and Software Developers, and together, they ensure that product strategy and delivery model meets and begins to exceed the expectations of the end user environment.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Implement, coach, train and facilitate all Scrum Ceremonies.
- Design and execute all Scrum related documents, work product, templates, and models required.
- Lead and guide the team to a Scrum and Agile methodology; hand in hand with the Product Owner(s).
- Resolve conflict between the Development / Business Analyst(s) and Product Owner when goals begin or are diverging.
- Manage the velocity of each sprint as well map tickets to sprints and execute sprint planning tasks.
- Navigate the team through the uncertainty, risk, and complexity and communicate the risks to required stakeholders.
- Proactively explore industry trends and advancements in technology to identify new and leading solutions
- Is a partner to the Business Analysts, the Product Owners and the Software Developers in all meetings, plans, documents, and work product.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- University Degree/College Diploma in Business Analysis, Project Management/IT Project Management, or relevant education in Business
- Certification or training in SCRUM is required
- Experience in an agile development environment considered a must have
- In depth working experience as a scrum Master, a Product Owner or Business Analyst as a change management advocate.
- Previous hands on, intermediate-advanced working knowledge with JIRA, implementation of workflows, approval levels, KPI’s and reporting outputs.
- A creative problem solver that lets the team take centre-stage.
- Ability to facilitate, lead without authority, coach, and mentor
- Has previously led and/or implemented Scrum Ceremonies.
- Can lead, design, facilitate the daily stand-up meeting.
- Ability to think and apply outside-the-box concepts to common problems
- Exposure and experience using project management software & standards – MS Project, Asana, Gantt Charts, Visio, etc.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across levels and functions internally and with third parties.
- Experience working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment with ambiguous conditions, multiple cross-competing priorities, dealing with both internal and external customers, including cross functional teams.
If this describes you, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.buckland.com to learn more about Buckland and apply through our Career page today.
Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process must submit their request to the Human Resources Department