FINANCIAL PLANNING, ANALYSIS & REPORTING
- Institute and maintain appropriate processes and controls to create simple and accurate reporting of various financial statements and working papers
- Institute and maintain appropriate processes and controls for application of policies and procedures related to all financial function aspects that result in timely and accurate monthly/quarterly/annual book closures
- Provide financial commentary and insights and drive actions to improve business results.
- Pro-actively manage key financial risks such as currency, cash and other risks
- Review business cases, contracts, etc, validate profitability assumptions and assess business risk
- Provide relevant analysis to the business by interpreting historical and emerging trends, especially as they relate to sales and margins.
- Monitoring expenditures for appropriateness ensuring the Company is buying competitively by evaluating financial and business justifications, business purpose and risk for fixed asset purchases.
PROCESS MANAGEMENT & SYSTEMS
- Create consistency through implementing simple and clear processes that streamline finance and accounting function
- Implement appropriate processes, rhythms, controls and systems to make finance function world-class.
- Ad hoc analysis of various financial metrics to support key actions in other functions of the business
- Provide leadership with insights in key areas such as margin analysis, standard costs, key market benchmarks to support overall business success.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting or a related field of study
- 10 years of experience in industry
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to achieve results at all levels internally and externally
- Above average communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Computer literate with:
- Advanced experience in MS Office applications
- Advanced experience in accounting software applications
If you interested in this employment opportunity, please apply through LinkedIn
At the applicant's request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
Please send your résumé only once per position.
Résumés will be accepted throughout the process, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TMI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team.