Location: Tillsonburg, ON
Why Join Marwood
Who We are:
- Marwood International Inc. is a full service, award-winning, Tier I and 2 automotive OEM structural components and modular assembly supplier, that focuses on waste elimination and light-weighting initiatives from prototypes to full volume products to end of life service parts throughout Canada, US and Japan.
- Marwood is also a well-established Canadian owned manufacturing company which have been in the industry for 30+ years!
- We are community oriented, and focused on health and wellness.
We are happy to have you join our team!
- Competitive Pay plus premiums
- GREAT benefits and Perks: dental, medical and vision coverage, as well as outstanding pension plan and more
- Also, company provided uniforms!
Apply today to speak with our recruiter!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Analyse customer prints, data, assist with GD&T and specifications to ensure compliance and feasibility once product is awarded and product life.
- Create and develop working relationship with all Customer Design Release Engineers, to ensure smooth communication and information flow.
- Develop and present PowerPoint presentation for internal and external stakeholders with overlays for customer changes as well as product manufacturing feasibility improvements.
- Assist in developing a process that satisfies all requirements using existing process standards, outside processing requirements, information obtained from customers based on drawing / data supplied.
- Obtain, organize, and distributing customer and/or internal data to relevant stakeholders
- Participate in all tooling and process design team reviews to ensure that process and designs are capable of building a quality product with a robust process.
- Help evaluate manufacturability of customer designs through the use of feasibility and contract review procedures.
- Understands and works within the Marwood operational system and procedures
- Be an active participant with other Marwood Divisional Team Members in all estimating & quoting activity when applicable, including providing strategic level and lesson learned input on the program/product.
- Be an active participant with other Marwood Divisional Team Members in building and presenting all Business Unit/Customer technical reviews.
- Be an active participant in all Phase 1 Gate 5 activity (F0337) process
- Responsible for gathering and providing all necessary product information to Marwood Estimating Department for any initial product opportunities during Marwood Phase 1 Gate 2 (F0337) process.
- Responsible for gathering and providing all necessary product overlay information to Marwood Business Unit Management Department for any product changes post Gate 2.
- Active participant in vetting RFQ/SOR (product only) for new opportunities
- Review and approve Marwood Standard Documents when assigned.
- Active participant and/or champion of Marwood Plex (ERP) and/or SharePoint Hub application initiatives as assigned.
- Active participant and/or champion of Customer Portal application/modules as assigned.
- Analyze product opportunities through customer visits, research and trade shows.
- Assist continuous improvement initiatives within the plant(s) and suppliers of tools to improve the processes, reduce costs and increase plant capacity.
- Provide cross functional support as assigned.
- All other relevant duties as assigned.
- University or College Graduate in Business Management, Program Management, and/or Engineering
- Minimum 5 to 10 years in relevant industrial experience, manufacturing background through trades.
Additional Technical and Professional Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of costing and estimating metal stampings and assemblies.
- Design experience of processes and products for manufacturing, preferably in a metal stamping environment.
- Awareness of electronic design software, CAD software exposure.
- Willingness to learn and use any Marwood promoted MS Office Suite & ERP (Plex) systems/applications
- Strong knowledge of GD&T
- Experience with FMEA, Control plans, Timelines
- Familiarity with Critical Chain Management
- Design verification
- High level of proficiency with ERP System (Marwood uses Plex)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
We are committed to giving people with disabilities an equal opportunity to provide feedback, and access any information they may need. Please advise if you require accommodation.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Pre-employment screening will be required.
For more information, please visit our website: www.marwoodinternational.com