WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD RX Inc. and Starseed Medicinal Inc., federally-licensed producers of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse, outdoor and processing facility located in Strathroy, Ontario as well as CX Industries Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary which specializes in cannabis extraction from the Company’s fully-licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, Ontario processing facility. With the addition of Starseed, a medical-centric operator based in Bowmanville, Ontario, WeedMD has expanded its multi-channeled distribution strategy. Starseed’s industry-first, exclusive partnership with LiUNA, the largest construction union in Canada, along with other employers and union groups complements WeedMD’s direct sales to medical patients. The Company maintains strategic relationships in the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies where adult-use brands Color Cannabis and Saturday are sold.
This position is critical to the effective and timely execution of production schedule. The incumbent will ensure organization of all supporting and functional areas to ensure preparation of production needs to execute scheduled production activities. The incumbent will verify and audit process control techniques to ensure accuracy and efficiency of all packaging tasks. This role will be responsible for aiding in the documentation and verification inspections for all shipments.
- Aid to the Director, Operations (or designate) in execution of day to day tasks
- Ensure test labels for production are prepared and are approved by QA in advance of packaging needs
- Work with QA to ensure cannabis / cannabis products are approved & released to eliminate delays to operations
- Work with Scheduler and Procurement to ensure materials/consumable items have been ordered & received on time
- Work with Scheduler to ensure that transportation / distribution documentation and inspections are completed
- Work with inventory team to ensure preparation of all materials needed for next day’s production are ready
- Work with operations team to ensure process control checks are being conducted as intended to reduce likelihood of errors
- Work with QA to ensure documentation is correct, all tracking completed (track down Sage technicians for any corrections / issues to eliminate work orders not being tracked or closed)
- Work with Supervisors to ensure they have what they need to run smoothly (prep for next run, QA inspections, etc.)
- Issue Sales orders where needed in Sage to trigger work orders
- Track all daily production completions to aid scheduling of remaining materials & to allow Sales to track what is available for sales
- Back-up to Scheduler (manage the production schedule and issue Sage Work Orders in the absence of the Scheduling Manager)
- Take and correspond meeting minutes for weekly Crystal Ball meeting
- Communicate to Scheduler & Operations Director/Manager when materials have arrived and when released for use
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 year experience in Scheduling, Supply Chain, Operations Assistant or related field
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Previous experience with ERP systems required (ie Sage)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Scheduling, Supply Chain or Operations: 1 year (Required)