Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for tracking, recording and preparation of the Divisions financial status.
• Must hold a CPA accounting designation OR currently completing a CPA designation with an expected completion date within 36 months.
• Minimum 2 years of general accounting experience
• Experience with integrated financial/manufacturing software packages
• Experience accounting for customer tooling and fixed assets preferred
• 2 years of general accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
Salary Team Member Benefits:
• Weekly pay via direct deposit
• Overtime (1.5x) after 44 hours worked
• Vacation entitlement
2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 company paid holidays + 2x ½ days = 14 days annually
Option to bank your overtime to earn up to an extra 5 days of paid time off (approved in the same manner as vacation time) (27 hours x 1.5 = 40 hours)
• Skilled Trades referral bonus of $500 following successful hire of candidate
• Medical and Dental Benefits after 1 month of employment.
• Magna will contribute an amount equal to 3% of regular earnings every week to your retirement savings (MBC program)
• Profit sharing paid in the second quarter of every year (EEPPP Program)
• Matched GRRSP
• Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
• Optional group Life Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance for self and spouse
• Safety Shoe, prescription Safety Glasses and Custom Molded Earplug allowance
• Company paid uniforms (if you choose to use)
• Company BBQ, Holiday Parties and Company Events
• Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives - 6k for Water Walk, Support Local Charities (Hospice of Elgin, Adopt a Family (12 in total), STEGH), Children’s Health Foundation and many more)
• Magna Service Award Program
• Roger’s and Bell cellphone data plan available – as low as $50/month!
• Subsidized cafeteria with daily specials including hot vegetarian options – we are known for our amazing cafeteria! Free coffee, juice and tea
• Educational Assistance Program
• Employee Discounts: new vehicles, amusement parks, etc.
• Plant-Wide Continuous Improvement Program: 2022 bonus = $1810
• You get to work with a FANTASTIC Team! One Team, One Formet!
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.