Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning Engineer
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking an Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Engineer for its Consumer Business Group team located remotely in Canada. The successful candidate will make an impact by designing, planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining artificial intelligence, deep learning, machine learning, and statistical processes against business requirements. Additionally, developing world-class processes and tools integrating machine learning and statistical computing into everyday business critical operations ranging from inventory optimization to omnichannel marketing optimization.
- Innovating at the intersection of statistics, AI, and complex systems optimization
- Working with cross-functional business and technical teams to apply your unique skills to drive new to the world data science capabilities and drive business results.
- Engages with the Product Owner and program stakeholders to develop acceptance criteria for features and user stories to meet business requirements. Actively participates in all Agile ceremonies
- Designing, planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining artificial intelligence, deep learning, machine learning, and statistical processes against business requirements
To set you up for success in this role from Day 1, 3M requires (at minimum) the following qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution and Three (3) years of experience in applied machine learning (ML) or Highschool Diploma (or equivalent) and Six (6) years of experience in applied ML
- Four (4) years of enterprise level software development experience
- One (1) year of experience with big data systems like Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Databricks, or other large-scale data processing engines
- Experience building and deploying highly scalable systems, algorithms, and tools on platforms to support machine learning and deep learning solutions
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Experience developing software that employs statistical computing/data science toolsets including R and Python
- Experience with programming data engineering languages like Java, Scala, C# and SQL
- Excellent understanding of AI techniques and algorithms, such as deep learning, machine learning, and predictive analytics.
- Completed graduate course(s) in statistical computing, machine learning, advanced experimental design, and multivariate analysis
- Experience with Multi-armed bandit (MAB) problem space
Travel: In this role, you will be required to travel approximately 5% of the time, which may involve overnight stays. A valid driver’s license is required.
Relocation: Not offered
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, RSP plan, Stock Purchase Plan, Incentive Plan, and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Paid time off over the winter holidays
- Health & Wellness subsidies
- Individual Development Plan and Tuition Reimbursement Program
3M Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.