Job Number: 7025
Group: Cosma International
Division: Formet Industries
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
ST. THOMAS, ONTARIO, CA, N5P 4B4
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Formet is one of the largest manufacturing employers in Southwestern Ontario producing body and chassis components for assembly plants across North America. Our 1.1 million square foot facility features industry-leading hydroforming, roll-forming, hot-stamping, robotic assembly and post-assembly coating processes. At Formet, we take care of each other and live by the motto “One Team. One Formet.”
$42.65 CAD per hour and up to $44.00 with Shift Premiums.
$2000.00 Signing Bonus!! (paid in installments, not applicable to Magna transfers)
- $42.65 per hour up to $44.00 with shift premiums
- Shifts rotate every 2 weeks between Days/Afternoons and Midnights
- Shift Premiums of $0.85/hour (afternoons and $1.35/hour (midnights)
- Vacation = 2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 Company Paid holidays
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Magna will contribute an amount equal to 3% of regular earnings every week to your retirement savings (MBC program)
- Profit sharing paid in the second quarter of every year (EEPPP
- Matched GRRSP
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Safety Shoe annual allowance, prescription Safety Glasses annual allowance, Custom Molded Earplug allowance
- Company paid uniforms (if you choose to use).
- Company BBQ, Holiday Parties and Company Events
- Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Annual Employee Opinion Survey
- Magna Service Award Program
- Magna Scholarship Program
- Roger’s and Bell cellphone data plan available – as low as $40/month!
- Subsidized cafeteria
- Educational Assistance Program
- Jump Start Program for personal training - $300 benefit
- Employee Discounts: new vehicles, amusement parks, etc.
- Plant-Wide Continuous Improvement Program: 2021 bonus = $1860
- You get to work with a FANTASTIC Team!
Millwright Certificate of Qualification (426A or 433A).
Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
Proof of completion of a Mechanical or Tool and Die course from a community or recognized college program consisting of 4 years or more.
Minimum two years’ experience as an Industrial / Construction Journeyman.
Laser Cutting – Robotic and CNC
Hydroform and Hot Stamp Presses
Robotic Welding and component assembly
Power and Free conveyors
Automatic Guided Vehicles
Aluminum robotic welding
Experience in hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems
Capable of multitasking and working with attention to detail and accuracy
Work requires exercise of independent judgement and making decisions within established regulations and policies
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Ability to work well in a team enviornment
Experience to repair and replace defective parts.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Thank you to all who apply. Only those who are selected to move forward will be contacted.