Departement: Human Resources
Workplace: 225 Lothian Ave , Strathroy, ON N7G 4J1
By joining Nortera, the world leader in ready-to-use plant-based food, you are deciding to make a positive and sustainable impact on yourself, others and the planet.
We strongly believe vegetable food is THE solution to bring well-being through food to the nearly 9 billion inhabitants of our planet while preserving its resources.
WHY CHOOSE NORTERA
- Overtime after 40 hours per week
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus program
- Group insurance program
- Employee and family assistance program
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Reimbursement program for physical activity and Tuition reimbursement program
- Wellness activities
- Referral program
- Ability to volunteer in your community
- Activities where we serve our communities
- Opportunities for advancement within a growing company!
YOUR DAILY ROLE
Very concretely, you will:
In this job you will produce healthier and better-quality food for customers and communities. Please note the shift requirements for this position include 12-hour continental rotating shifts including some weekends.
Your mission will be to:
- Train and provide direction to Packaging Technicians to maintain consistent operation of all packaging lines meeting production targets
- Organize and complete effective and efficient changeovers
- Provide accurate and legible daily production records and labeling set up
- Verify integrity of packaging materials, coding clarity and legibility
- Ensure all packaging equipment is cleaned and sanitized regularly to HACCP and Food Safety specifications
- Communicate with operational leaders
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
Your assets for this position
- Mechanically inclined with a working knowledge of Packaging equipment and basic troubleshooting skills
- Proficient with skills in Google Workspace and inventory systems
- Able to navigate ambiguity and changing priorities and work independently
- Effective communicator in order to encourage solution based outcomes;
- A builder of teams and a positive work environment
- Safety and food safety advocate
- Enthusiastic about participating in continuous improvement
If you recognize yourself, we want to meet you!
At Nortera, diversity is a treasure that we cultivate!
Although all job applications are considered, only successful applicants will be contacted. The masculine credits are used without discrimination and only for the purpose of lightening the text. Nortera is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment that highlights the unique contribution of our employees to the success of our business. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage a wide variety of applications so that we can have a diverse workforce that is representative of our customers and the communities where we operate.