As a member of our Purchasing team, you will be responsible for supporting strategic contractual negotiations and agreements with suppliers. Procure components and supplies to support Manufacturing and New Product Development. Proactively manage projects which require Supplier and TMI resources.
Negotiation, Establishment and Implementation
- Monitor suppliers to ensure they meet high TMI standards before becoming part of the operational team.
- Source products at the best value while utilizing best practices.
- Assist in selection of raw material and component suppliers, including approval and certification.
- Negotiate tooling delivery activities according to required timelines
- Manage all aspects of mold approval and progress all activities according to schedule.
- Maintain a timely schedule related to sourcing and purchasing activities.
- Produce purchasing procedures that are effective, efficient, and documented.
- Conformance to all relevant documentation and procedures.
Liaison with Suppliers
- Maintain orderly and effective systems for supplier communication.
- Help ensure supplier success by assisting in applicable performance measurement systems and feedback.
- Maintain supplier and part files with accurate and appropriate information
- Manage constancy of supply and ongoing improvement in component delivery logistics.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities.
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of variance analysis for component costs.
- Maintain approved supplier file in enterprise resource planning (ERP) database.
- Participate in APQP activities as requested.
- Maintain job related standard operating procedures and ERP Scripts
Health and Safety
- Comply with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Diploma or Degree in Purchasing, Engineering or a related field of study
- Certified Professional Purchaser designation is an asset
- 4 years of experience in sourcing/procurement
- Plastics Molding and Assembly Experience and knowledge
- Project management experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze, and identify appropriate solutions, options, and insights.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Power BI, Microsoft Teams, ERP)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
At an applicant’s request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.