Food Safety and Quality Team Supervisor - 14 Month Maternity Leave Coverage
At ASPIRE we are pioneers in the field of precision insect farming, optimizing the growth and harvesting of an underutilized natural resource in order to meet global demand for sustainable ingredients and materials. Our vision is A WORLD TRANSFORMED BY INSECT TECHNOLOGY.
FOOD SAFETY ANDQUALITY SUPERVISOR
We are currently seeking a dedicated Food Safety and Quality Supervisor that will assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Aspire Food Safety and Quality Program. You will manage and support the Quality team to a continuous improvement mindset. This role is located in
London, Ontario and reports to the Food Safety and Quality Manager.
This role will primarily work Monday to Friday, day shift, however work outside of standard working hours, including occasional night shift will be required as needed, in order to effectively support the location's 24/7 operation. Anticipated daily shift start time of 6:00am.
HOWYOUWILL MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS THATMATTER
- Promote a Health and Safety, Food Safety and GMP Culture by adhering to company standards at all times.
- Design, implement, champion, and continuously improve the Quality Program, HAACP Program,SOP’s, processes and Quality Culture throughout the facility.
- Daily monitoring of the day-to-day facility processing operations to ensure adherence to all company and regulatory standards.
- Build and maintain a broad understanding of all regulatory and certification frameworks that impact current and potential operations, advising Leadership on regulatory and certification considerations.
- Foster positive working relationships with regulatory agencies, external vendors and third party auditors.
- Seek and lead continuous improvements by ensuring regular inspections, hazard analysis, risk assessments, and audits are conducted.
- Maintenance of the Microbiological Control Program, including the performance of swabbing activities, result trending, and corrective action implementation and follow up.
- Lead investigations into food safety, quality issues and product standard and specification deviations with a root cause analysis and provide immediate corrective action, tracking and analyzing for future prevention.
- Provide leadership, direction, guidance and support to production personnel and develop positive, motivating and efficient communication with all employees.
- Ensure compliance and lead the Aspire team in internal and external audits.
- Directly supervise the Quality Team by providing guidance, completing performance reviews, implementing professional development plans, scheduling, coaching, mentoring and advising employees.
- Other related duties and required or assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3 to 5 years experience in a comparable leadership role in a food manufacturing facility.
- Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Sciences or related discipline.
- Solid understanding of HACCP and QMS; HACCP Certification and/or Inspection and AudIT Certification.
- Familiar with SQF Certification Program and solid working knowledge of FDA and CFIA regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Food Safety and Security regulatory requirements.
- Experience setting up or implementing change within a QA environment.
- Experience in leading, coaching, motivating and developing a team in a “hands on” environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to collaborate with and influence others.
GET EXCITED ABOUT ASPIRE
- Aspire has assembled the largest body of research on cricket biology and production in the world.
- We are pioneering the industry by customizing, synthesizing and integrating cutting-edge technologies, including an Advanced Automation ASRS, IoT-Enabled Data Accumulation, Artificial Intelligence and Selective Breeding and Biological Optimization processes.- We offer a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, medical benefits,
Maternity/Parental leave top-up, STD/LTD, RRSP and Stock Option plans.
Aspire welcomes all applicants and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation, please advise the
Human Resources Department of any required accommodation needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 14 months
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, ON N6M 0C5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-23