Quality Inspector (CMM operator / programmer), Full Time
QCI Division - Woodstock
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Inspector (CMM operator / programmer) to join our growing business on the day shift at our QCI Woodstock facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
We are looking for a Quality Inspector for our Woodstock, ON facility. This role will be a primary point of contact for all quality-related activities including the validation and inspection of the company’s products to ensure they meet our customers and internal requirements. The successful candidate must have previous experience in a welding and machining manufacturing environment
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Program and inspect First article / PPAP parts using Faro arm and other metrology tools.
- Perform in process and final inspection of parts and assemblies.
- Coordinate and participate in dimensional evaluation of parts using appropriate gauges and fixtures.
- Records inspection and test results and prepares and submits reports to Quality Manager and Plant Manager.
- Perform weld inspection as per print and Customer specific requirements.
- Participate in the design & validation of fixtures and jigs to improve efficiency and productivity within the production and fabrication process.
- Carry out receiving inspection on new / problem product rand recommend additions and deletions from the receiving inspection list.
- Maintain Material Certs and Traceability
- Filing, preserving, disposing of various Quality Records.
- Support all departments in First Article / PPAP data collection and submission, new launch capability studies as well as any additional support as requested.
- Responsible for compiling PPAP and First Article submission documentation on assigned programs.
- Support and participate in APQP activities and trials (such as packaging trials, paint/process trials, etc.) as required.
- Coordinate and participate in Gauge Accuracy, Repeatability and Reproducibility Studies.
- Train operators to perform in-process inspections on new parts as required.
- Interact with customers and suppliers as required to carry out requirements and expectations.
- Carryout other tasks as assigned by the Quality Manager, Plant Manger, and Quality Supervisor.