This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Executive Office (CEO)
We are looking for a CFO to lead our financial transformation in financial process excellence and analysis, enabling deep understanding of our business performance and improvement opportunities. This requires someone who is passionate about change and growth, who can draw upon their experience and adapt this learning to define the right path forward for our business, our size, and our team’s capacity for change. We have a team of talented and engaged people with great experience! The CFO needs to meld with and mentor our team and yet as our team is small, be hands on in completing tasks.
About Our Business
Established in 1988, Parmerit is a leader in custom machining, fabrication, and automation. Parmerit works with the latest technology to design and fabricate automated tooling, systems and components for a diverse client base across a variety of industries including automotive, pharmaceutical, aerospace, and defense. Over the past 34 years, we have been dedicated to being an elite supplier of service, quality, and technical expertise. We value passionate and highly motivated team members who want to make a difference. We pride ourselves on our culture of working as a team to find innovative solutions, relentlessly pursuing excellence, and taking on challenging assignments.
Adescor is a North American based, industry-leading supplier of downstream equipment for the corrugated pipe and extruded pipe industry. We design, build, and support a comprehensive line of downstream equipment for extrusion and corrugated pipe production; pipe haul-offs, cut-offs, perforators, filter loaders, spin welders, inner liner trimmers, and coilers. We can design and integrate a complete downstream automation system for your extrusion line that is validated before delivery. Adescor is growing and transforming from an equipment manufacturer, to a solutions provider. We apply our product and automation knowledge to your problem, developing solutions that meet your specific needs. Our team has grown to include knowledge and experience in robotics and automation which we can leverage to develop best in class solutions that meet the needs of today’s changing manufacturing landscape.
Wolfe Heavy Equipment manufactures premium equipment for underground infrastructure installation. We engineer and manufacture equipment from Plows to Trenchers that install renewable-energy power transmission lines, water drainage lines, and equipment for the oil and gas sectors. We value passionate and highly motivated team members who want to make a difference. We pride ourselves on our culture of working as a team to find innovative solutions, relentlessly pursuing excellence, and taking on challenging assignments.
At Wolfe, our goal is to be an industry leader, and help our customers realize increased value through our products and services. We aim to serve our customers with passion and pride.
Role Description and Objectives:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) play a critical role in developing and implementing the financial strategy of Parmerit Inc. and Wolfe Equipment. As a member of the senior leadership team, the CFO will be an advisor to the divisional General and Business Development Managers, evaluating and assisting them with their financial plans and economic modeling. The CFO will be responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization, in conjunction with the CEO and Ownership.
The CFO is accountable to define the strategy and vision for the Finance team and how this integrates into the business. The CFO will use the business approach to strategy deployment (True North) to deliver on Parmerit and
Wolfe’s growth agenda and goals. The CFO will ensure clear direction for the Finance team, including the right culture and team, effective short and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
Defining the strategy and executing the transformation in an engaging way will be a key focus for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- Ensure compliance with local, provincial, and federal budgetary reporting requirements
- Develop and implement finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards
- Assist in obtaining the necessary licenses and insurance required to acquire, or start new businesses
Finance Performance & Process Excellence
- Create, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning, and conservation of assets
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, and department budgets, business wide salary updates, ledger, account maintenance, and data entry
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Oversee budgeting/implementation of budgets so as to monitor progress and present financial metrics
- Optimize the handling of banking relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations
- Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business leaders.
- Analyze financials to bring understanding to business performance and cost improvement opportunities
- Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and Parmerit Inc.'s long-term strategy
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations
- Engage the CEO, around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery
- Partner with the information technology (IT) team, to procure specialized finance IT systems that meet the needs of the organization (automate EFT transactions etc.)
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management
- Advanced proficiency with ERP, accounting software, and spreadsheet programs and applications
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Performs other responsibilities as necessary
Vision and Purpose
- Collaborate with the leadership team on developing and implementing the True North roadmap to deliver on
- 10-year growth plan (strategy and execution)
- Ensure strategic deployment of initiatives, excellence in execution of the strategy
- Ensure alignment of the team with business leadership in strategy and execution
- Implement the Parmerit Business System
- Right people in the right seats
- Build a high performing team that executes strategy and business results
- Identify, develop and coach high potential employees
- Build bench strength that is ready to fill higher level roles as the business grows
- Work with the team to define and implement the desired culture (problem solving, learning, growing etc.)
- Ensure Parmerit and Adescor are companies that challenge our team, yet there is balance and people can be successful and enjoy work
- Ensure there consistent and appropriate communication to all team members o Business Updates, 1-1’s etc.
Education and Experience:
- CPA + University Degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA, HBA or Master's degree in Finance or Accounting – preferred
- 10 years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Strathroy, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Leadership: 10 years (preferred)
- Senior Level Finance: 10 years (preferred)
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (preferred)
Work Location: One location