Director, DBSO Service
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
- Roll out the Service Engine and associated tools
- Service Equations
- Holistic View of Service (HVS)
- Service Playbook
- Drive improvement Globally at Operating Companies leveraging DBS. Work with Operating Company service leadership to drive installation and sustainment of results using DBS tools and processes.
- Develop relationships with the DHR service leaders and DBSLs.
- Service Innovation – Building/adapting DBS tools to help Operating Companies develop new service offerings and capabilities.
- Be the center of knowledge (brain trust) for service process, approaches, and best practices, build library of best practices and share across the corporation. Engage service leaders and resources in the operating companies through webinars and outbound communication plans and other activities to push and inspire their thinking and results in service. Build a strong network and community among service leaders and associates in the operating companies.
- Contribute to the annual growth conference through planning, contribution of service content and activities.
- Facilitate and lead kaizens, bootcamps and workshops. Help certified practitioner candidates through the certification process.
- Work with other DBS tool owners to ensure applicability of the tools to service.
- Be aware of emerging market trends and technologies to share with the DHR service community.
- Build foundational service daily management processes and analytics. Set process, expectations and deploy into operating companies to establish rigor around daily management in service to ensure maximum results from service activities.
- Building DBS sustainability at Danaher’s companies as measured by Operating companies achieving results
- Practitioner in applicable DBS tools
- Organic Revenue Growth, Efficiency and Productivity Improvements
- Specific team contributions – i.e. – DBS Tool development
- Teamwork - must be able to lead a team(s) of Danaher Associates from multiple disciplines and/or companies
- Ability to influence others - must be able to inform, convince, and persuade others to action on key initiatives at all levels in the organization (up and down)
- Results orientation - must deliver Growth sustainable results
- Technical excellence (Service) - must possess the skills necessary to be seen as credible in DHR by peers and managers
- Communication—must be able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms
- Followership & Leadership – must understand how to leverage both to drive sustainable change
- Collaboration: Must have the ability to take a humble approach in guiding service organizations through the change process
Must be hands-on and detail-oriented but also able to see the big picture. Need to be able to think strategically and view the business from a general management standpoint. Must be very customer focused and have strong interpersonal and communications skills. Will need to be a quick study who can rapidly adapt to Danaher’s culture and gain the confidence of the Danaher organization. This person will be high energy and able to handle conflict. Will be an independent worker, capable of operating in a fast-moving, ever changing environment and able to effectively deal with difficult situations. This Leader must have a strong Gemba-orientation (spend time and drive change at the ‘real place’ – where the ‘value happens’).
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience in Service and/or commercial leadership positions.
- Proven track record of growing a B2B sales and services business
- A proven performance record as a transformational leader who has significantly improved the performance of a global business through process improvements
- Experience influencing others and developing capabilities in others/teams
- Experience working in global environments, particularly in high growth markets
Scope and Impact of Position Responsibilities
The DBSO Director reports to the Director, DBSO – Service. This position has a direct impact on the success of Danaher Corporation with respect to both top and bottom-line growth by facilitating the successful implementation and sustainability of DBS at OpCos. The DBSO Director shapes strategy, focuses execution and creates value for customers and shareholders alike.
Key Internal Relationships
- OpCo Leadership team
- Corporate DBS Office
- Site Leadership team as appropriate – Primarily sales and Marketing Teams
- Functional Managers
- Kaizen Facilitators, Team Leaders, DBS Tool Practitioners and Certified Practitioners
- Training Managers
- HR Leaders
Key External Relationships
- Other Danaher OpCo Leaders and Associates
- DBSLs from Danaher OpCos and Regions
- As needed, OpCo Customer and Supplier base
- Acquisition targets
- Industry Associations\
English fluency required. Additional language skills are beneficial.
Frequent travel is required (+/- 75%)
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.