Jones Healthcare Group is a world-class provider of advanced packaging and medication dispensing solutions. With over 100 years serving health and wellness markets, the privately held company is moving through an aggressive growth strategy with plans to invest $20 million into the business over the next two years.
“Over a century ago, Jones provided apothecary packaging to help pharmacists safely dispense medication to patients,” says Ron Harris, President & CEO at Jones. “One thing has never wavered since our beginning: we have always been focused on wellness. It’s in our DNA.”
Through its four business units—Cartons & Labels, Packaging Services, Canadian Pharmacy and Medication Adherence —and its three European subsidiaries Venalink UK, Venalink Spain, and MEDI-Clear, the company brings a unique expertise across health sectors to its customers. And, with a continued vision to advance healthcare with progressive packaging platforms, Jones puts consumer well-being first while responding to evolving market needs.
For more information, please visit www.joneshealthcaregroup.com.
What we offer
- Competitive hourly rates with generous shift premiums
- Great benefits and paid time off
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Company matching RRSP plan
- Professional development programs
Summary of position
We are looking to hire multiple entry level general labourers. Positions range in duties but you may be responsible for assisting in the completion of inspection reports and for the replenishment of supplies. You may also be assisting the Equipment Operators in standard preventative maintenance tasks as directed and be responsible for purging or wash-ups at the end of each maintenance activity.
If you love working as a team in a fast-paced environment, then this position will be of interest to you.
If you get excited by learning new skills and bringing unique solutions to solve problems, then this position is a perfect fit for you.
If you are a natural self-motivator, who takes pride in their work, then you’ll want to consider this opportunity.
Here are some of the different activities you’ll be asked to do:
- Packing and feeding the product on the machines
- Perform routine quality checks
- Assist Operators when necessary
- Ensure proper skids are available as per specs
- Seal and label corrugate, pile on skids and move to inspection areas.
- Document counts and corrugated used on dockets
- Fill out necessary paperwork and required data entry within SAP
If you’ve got:
- A High School Diploma
- Minimum 1 year experience working within a manufacturing facility
- Colour acuity
- Physical strength (able to lift approximately 35 lbs)
We’d like to hear from you!
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Jones will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact the Jones Human Resources department at 519.451.2100 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please also contact the Human Resources department.