This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Summer Student Production Associate
About Jones Healthcare Group
Jones Healthcare Group is a world-class provider of advanced packaging and medication dispensing solutions. For over a century our partnerships, knowledge and expertise across healthcare sectors have uniquely positioned us to respond to evolving market needs with insights and opportunities for our customers. “One thing has never wavered since our beginning: we have always been focused on wellness. It’s in our DNA,” says Ron Harris, President & CEO at Jones.
Our full-service business units work with our dedicated Innovation Solutions Group to advance packaging for health and wellness brands and manufacturers, as well as pharmacies around the world. In a sector that grows increasingly complex, our integrated offering helps simplify the packaging process for our customers.
From packaging that protects and informs, to new platforms that improve consumer outcomes – we are invested in advancing wellness.
For more information, please visit www.joneshealthcaregroup.com.
What our other students are saying:
“I feel very proud to belong to the Jones family and l look forward to learning and growing in this industry.”
Benefits we offer:
- A safe, respectful, and inclusive environment
- Competitive compensation and equitable people practices
- Opportunities to grow and develop, alongside a supportive team
- Employee and family assistance program
- Shift premiums for afternoons and midnights
- Colleague appreciation events
- Hands-on experience in the manufacturing and printed packing industries.
- and more!
Summary of position
We are looking for several motivated Summer Students, with full-time availability, to support production activities at our manufacturing facility in London, Ontario. Positions range in duties but you may be responsible for assisting in the completion of production orders, quality inspections, and inventory management. You may also be assisting Operators in standard preventative maintenance of machinery and with purging and organizing workstations.
If you love working as a team in a fast-paced environment, then this position is a perfect fit for you.
If you get excited to learn new skills, then this position will be of interest to you.
If you are naturally a self-motivator, who takes pride in your work, then you’ll want to consider this opportunity.
Here are some of the different activities you’ll be asked to do:
- Packing and feeding the product on the machines.
- Perform routine quality checks.
- Assist Operators when necessary.
- Ensure proper skids are available as per specs.
- Seal and label corrugate, pile on skids and move to inspection areas.
- Fill out the necessary paperwork and required data entry within SAP.
- Ensure that all requirements of the JHG Quality Management System are followed.
- Ensure all applicable Health & Safety Management system policies & procedures and Environmental (ISO 14001) Management System policies & procedures are followed.
- Registered in full-time postsecondary school.
- Availability to work full time hours and weekend overtime; 3 shift rotation.
- Able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Able to start working from the beginning of May until September.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
We’d like to hear from you!
Please submit a resume and let us know why you are interested.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Jones Healthcare Group will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact the Jones Human Resources department at 1.800.265.9093 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please also contact the Human Resources department.