Join the Marketing team of a rapidly growing North America industrial automation company! The Marketing Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day administrative functions of our marketing team. The ideal candidate will maintain a meticulous attention to detail while juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. As part of our marketing team, you will play a key role communicating and strengthening the JMP Solution brand internally and externally.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
MS and Adobe Suite media and content generation:
- Creative content (infographic, graphics, banners, business cards, etc.) development for various internal and customer facing messaging
- Corporate, sales, and other slide deck development, maintenance and adjustment
- Logo and branding element adjustment, creation in Adobe products for use in various media, web, email templates, etc.
- Dynamic content creation and organization for webinars, social media, customer presentations, etc.
CRM maintenance and campaign support:
- Marketing list creation and maintenance
- Review activities
- Constant Contact / Mailchimp integration
- Booking and facilitating on and off-site events for the sales and marketing teams
- Booking catering for lunch and learns, customer events, etc.
Trade show registration and organization:
- Registration for sales team in various trade shows
- Maintenance of show and exhibition calendar
- Show sponsorship administration
- Arranging shipping of required branding, swag, demos, etc.
- Working collaboratively with the travel co-ordinator to make sure that everyone is on the same page with respect to individuals registered, hotel bookings and travel itineraries
- Virtual fair administration and support as the current environment shifts towards this model
Internal marketing and branding:
- Maintaining consistency of internal tools (share drive, internal power point decks, etc.)
- Support the HR team with internal branding, internal promotional needs and external content generation
- Campus marketing for recruiting purposes in line with HR efforts and their specific marketing needs
- Maintain style and branding guide and make sure that guidelines are adhered to
- Develop working relationships and establish contact points with our various marketing material vendors such as:
- Print providers
- Business Cards
- Office and system branding signage
- Panel and system decal supplier
- Swag item suppliers
- Graphic Designers
Industry awards, accolades and partnership / association maintenance:
- Application submission to industry corporate growth award and recognition programs
- Corporate profile updates and maintenance on industry partner pages
- Scheduling of payments for industry associations and programs in order to maintain good standing and membership
Other basic administration functions as required:
- Shipping literature and branding requirements to various branches
- Payment of approved and budgeted industry association memberships
- Supplier invoice processing and PO creation
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- Experience in an administrative marketing role with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to juggle multiple demands – you thrive in an ever-changing environment
- Eagerness to roll up your sleeves and take on whatever task at hand to get the job done
- Strong organizational skills and high degree of detail orientation
- Relationship builder and all around ‘people-person’ who develops great working relationships and demonstrates a strong customer service orientation while representing JMP to the marketplace
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) and able to interact with a diverse audience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Excellent PC skills including the Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe Suite (specifically Illustrator and InDesign)
- Motivated individual with a clear understanding and commitment to JMP’s vision and values
- An ability to travel within Canada and the US
What Does Success Look Like in this Role?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. Essential to success at JMP, employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 15 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest growing Systems Integrators in the world, and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2020 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2020, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion and for Women 2020.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why Join the JMP Team?
At JMP we invest in our employees. JMP provides a very challenging work environment and believes in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem-solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.
What Do Our Employees Say about JMP?
“JMP is a great place to work because everyone on the team has the opportunity to make meaningful and significant contributions to the projects they are working on. We are always working on innovative projects in a wide range of industries which always keeps the job interesting.”
- Employee, Automation & Robotics Division
“I love working at JMP because it’s fast-paced and I’m never bored. There is a ton of room to grow and I’m always able to push my boundaries and feel supported while doing it. I have been given a lot of great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.”
“I have been bombarded with new things and JMP has the support structure both in the office and across North America to help me smoothly navigate this transition. My advice to new hires at JMP is to take advantage of the resources available to you. There are 250+ other employees you can learn from and so many different directions you can take your career.”
- Employee, Fairfield Office
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.