Financial Analyst - Consumer Sales
McCormick & Company, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor and seasonings industry, is seeking a full time Financial Analyst - Consumer Sales on our Finance Team. This position will report to a Finance Director.
With more than $4 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better™
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
The Financial Analyst – Consumer Products Division Sales is a Finance position which serves as a Business Partner working towards company goals by providing complex and interpretive financial analyses and reports for management. This role prepares analysis on actual financial results and for major financial forecasts. It provides periodic reports and special analysis for management. The role may also be assigned analysis in support of the annual budget process, expense or balance sheet forecasts, statistical reporting, process efficiencies, optimizations and analyses of operational results.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Lead customer contract and discount administration including set up, reconciliations, audits, terminations and reporting for prepaid contracts and incremental customer trade spend deals including liaising with Sales and Global Enablement partners.
• Lead pricing administration for Consumer products. Support price action analysis including completing price pages and price change notifications. Maintain and distribute to Sales key customer net price tables.
• Support trade spend ROI and effectiveness measurement and review with Sales business partners.
• Ownership of annual budget, quarterly forecast and monthly financial close processes for customer pricing and discounts, including product/mix bridge analyses and Customer, Trade Spend and Sales reporting.
• Provide support and approval for customer deductions. Support customer payment process.
• Project participation as required.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required as well as a CPA CA, CGA, or CMA designation.
• 5+ years’ financial analysis & reporting experience with some experience supporting commercial business partners preferably in a manufacturing environment of which three years are in a more senior position.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel, strong proficiency in Word and PowerPoint. SAP experience preferred, with demonstrated thorough knowledge of the capabilities of transaction and reporting systems.
• Strong analytical and decision making skills, ability to develop innovative and flexible analysis for management review.
• Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of different accounting, financial and analytical techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, balance multiple priorities and respect deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organization.
Current McCormick employees who meet these qualifications and are interested in pursuing this position must notify their direct supervisor and their unit HR representative prior to applying.
First consideration will be given to employees who have been displaced from their jobs for positions with the same grade or lower. If there are no qualified candidates, all other employees will then be considered. No displaced employee will receive preferential consideration for a promotional opportunity.
It is the policy of McCormick and Company to select and promote for all positions without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.