McCormick & Co, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor and seasonings industry, is seeking a full time temporary Payroll Specialist on the NA Payroll Team. The Payroll Specialist will report to the Director of Global Payroll.
With $4 billion in annual sales, McCormick & Company, Incorporated manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better™! To learn more please visit us at www.mccormickcorporation.com.
As an employer recognized for our exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick & Co., Inc. offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families. McCormick’s benefits include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), defined contribution plan, paid holidays and vacations.
The primary role of the Canada Payroll Analyst is to provide subject matter expertise to the team and the Business on payroll related compliance and guidance for Canada payroll. Review and audit the payroll for accuracy and completeness as well as any related tax remittances and third party payments. This position will assist in preparation of external year end filing and reporting requirements. The position requires an individual with payroll expertise who can be relied on to test and provide advice on complex payroll issues and/or changes in legal requirements. This position will also play a key role in compliance with SOX requirements; ensuring the integrity of payroll postings.
- Review weekly and semi-monthly payroll for accuracy - pay adjustments, direct deposit changes, disability payments, educational assistance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, garnishments, tax changes and employee separations
- Review federal and provincial payments and reconciliations as well as any other payments such as pension
- Prepare internal and external reporting to meet regulatory and management reporting requirements, while optimizing processes and identifying cost efficiencies
- Investigate and research payroll issues and then recommend resolution
- Support pack and ad hoc testing and leverage SAP design to gain maximum benefit and lead initiatives to optimize processes and support business and trend analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline
- 4+ yrs progressive business experience
- Ability to exercise good judgment in high pressure, sensitive situations
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience modifying and developing processes for better efficiencies in an in-house payroll processing environment
- Effective communication (both oral and written) skills with demonstrated ability to present and sell ideas to others
- Canada Payroll Certification Preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel and basic proficiency of PowerPoint and MS Word
- Previous experience with SAP
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.