IS Business Systems Analyst
The IS Business Systems Analyst will analyze specific business problems and opportunities in conjunction with business partners across the organization. Perform cost/benefit analyses and feasibility studies. Participate in project planning. Contribute to business training strategy, planning and delivery. Provide application support and investigation. Develop and implement systems best practices. Identify, recommend and implement practices, standards, tools and processes to improve systems analysis.
The Business Systems Analyst is a valued member of our team that leads the effective application of technology to business problems and opportunities.
- Defines and analyzes strategic problems and opportunities in conjunction with business partners across the organization.
- Performs cost/benefit analyses and feasibility studies.
- Recommends approach to solutions.
- Provides business and technical analysis/process review and systems consulting expertise.
- Develops and recommends short and long-term business system implementation plans.
- Analyze specific problems and opportunities for the business
- Captures, defines and documents detailed business requirements and defines and records alternative solutions.
- Design and document all system and business impacts of the solutions and define the risks and limitations of the solutions.
- Recommend and document solutions including impact analysis.
- Develop high-level implementation and conversion plans.
- Participate in project planning
- Identify all tasks, resource requirements, dependencies and effort.
- Work with the business and project manager to handle change throughout the project.
- Perform system quality assurance and develop test strategies and test plans.
- Support application developers during unit, system, and integration test and support business during acceptance testing.
- Contribute to business training strategy, planning, and delivery.
- Train and implement and provide application support and investigation.
- Develop and implement systems analysis standard methodologies
- Identify, recommend, and implement practices, standards, tools, and processes to improve systems analysis.
- Provide leadership
- Provide overall direction for business system solutions.
- Mentor other Business Systems Analysts.
Critical Competencies / Leadership Anchors:
- Understands global business needs, anticipate future trends, implement improvement opportunities!
- Ability to apply Voice of Customer (VOC) to understand customer needs!
- Takes actions and makes decisions that support the Danaher Business System culture.
- Brings energy, direction, and purpose to the workplace every day!
- Behaves in a way that is aligned with the Danaher Standards of Conduct.
- Strong team acumen and ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment
- Attention to detail and tactical execution
- Even-keeled temper and the ability to handle expectations with customers and deal in challenging, crucial conversational environments with a mature and professional approach
- Ability to communicate optimally with multiple stakeholders in a global environment
- Self-motivated and able to lead concurrent, conflicting priorities
- Demonstrates the capacity to handle unstructured, sophisticated tasks
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience
- Sophisticated analytical and problem-solving skills as well as attention to detail
- Broad business knowledge
- Validated planning and organizational skills
- Experience in cost-benefit and functional analysis
- Solid understanding of testing strategies and tools
- Awareness of IT industry trends
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Confirmed ability to establish effective business relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.