Production Area Leader (Supervisor) - Afternoon Shift
Means Transform Products is recruiting for a Production Area Leader - Afternoon Shift!
If you are a person who wants to make a difference, in a full-time job with competitive compensation and benefits, has a strong work ethic, an ability to learn and gets to work every day we have an opportunity for you.
Who we are:
Means TransForm Products, a business unit of Means Industries, an industry leading manufacturer of metal-formed products and precision propulsion components utilizing advanced proprietary stamping, machining, laser-welding and assembly processes. This business is involved in significant advanced research and application of tooling and die equipment, process design and development. Means TransForm Products has a manufacturing facility in London, Ontario, Canada as well as two manufacturing facilities in Saginaw, Michigan; two manufacturing facilities in Sterling Heights, Michigan; and a manufacturing facility in Shelby Township, Michigan. For more information about our company, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
The Area Leader oversees and ensures the smooth flow of designated plant operations including employee safety/performance, product quality and production output to support customer requirements. In addition, they will be responsible for ensuring all team members are adhering to policies, procedures, quality management system requirements (ISO/TS16949, ISO14001) and any other applicable regulations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership to team leaders/members with guidance that supports team effort, operational visions, values and goals
• Effective coordination of tooling and maintenance activities to optimize machine efficiency
• Assign work responsibilities to press and CNC employees
• Support the Company’s Goals and Objectives, to include reporting monthly progress
• Adapt and promote lean manufacturing principals
• Active leader in the Elimination of Waste Team meetings
• Support the production team in meeting and/or exceeds 5S standards
• Maintain required safety levels on plant floor
• Ensure that production requirements are satisfied
• Ensure that Company policies and procedures and adhered to
• Utilize problem solving and root cause analysis skills to resolve any issues
• Maintain production equipment and machinery in proper operating condition through utilization of the Maintenance and Tooling departments
• Other duties required by the Plant Manager and or Production Manager.
• Reports directly to the Production Manager
• Works closely with the Tooling Area Leader
• Manages all on shift employees including production press - CNC personnel and skill trades
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in a fast paced, automotive manufacturing environment
• Excellent communication skills for interaction with the workforce, its suppliers and customers
• Must have a positive, proactive and problem solving attitude
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
• Must be able to work necessary overtime if required
• Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending, stooping and performing repetitive motion tasks.
• Excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds infrequently
• Usage of a computer and other productivity machinery such as a SAP hand held scanner and control panels
Environmental Requirements and Conditions:
• Possess working knowledge of IATF16949, ISO 14001, and Q1 compliance criteria
• Work is performed in a manufacturing environment with continuous exposure to noise
We offer an industry competitive salary; comprehensive benefits, rewarding and engaging work environment, working with an acknowledged and growing industry leader.
• Dental care
• Extended Health Care
• DPSP, RRSP with employer matching
• Company paid uniforms
• Molded hearing protection
• Company subsidized safety boot and safety glasses programs
• Employee Assistance Program
• Vision Care
• On-Site Parking
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
Means Transform Products is an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request and throughout the entire recruitment process.