McCormick Canada continues its long track record of growth and is a respected leader in the spice, seasoning, flavouring and specialty food industry. We work hard to provide quality products such as our Club House spices, Billy Bee honey, Frank’s RedHot sauce and French’s condiments.
The Power of People is one of our five pillars. It has been the foundation for McCormick's success for decades. There is something inspiring about working at McCormick. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values. Without our employees, our success is not possible. Our commitment to our customers, our consumers, and our employees is unsurpassed.
We are currently looking to hire casual Warehouse Order Pickers for the day, afternoon, and midnight shifts.
As a casual employee you would be a part of our McFlex Workforce which provides candidates with an opportunity to get your foot in the door at McCormick. Once working as a McFlex employee, you have the opportunity to apply to all internally posted regular full time positions. Over the past 18 months over 60 McFlex employees have been promoted into regular fulltime positions at McCormick. Our McFlex employees are consistently working full time hours, with the opportunity for overtime.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
- Ability to perform in a multi-tasking environment at, or above, departmental standards.
- Order Picking (full case and repack) in an accurate and timely manner, product putaway, inventory replenishment, preparation for shipment and loading of trailers
- Adhere to all safety procedures and guidelines
- Build orders to customer and departmental standards using SAP system
- Replenishment and trailer loading duties upon successful certification for forklift equipment
- Ensure work area is maintained according to warehouse sanitation standards
- Ability to work other shifts as required
- Working necessary overtime to complete daily shipping volumes when required
- Assist in other warehouse areas as required
- OSSD diploma or equivalent and successful passing of required qualification testing
- Valid G1 Driver’s license
- Ability to perform consistent physical work (lifting up to 50lbs, reaching, bending repetitively)
- Meeting picking requirements as defined within departmental standards
- Familiarity with the SAP warehouse transactions an asset
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness to work overtime, pre-shift, post-shift and weekends as required to meet customer expectations
- Warehousing forklift experience an asset
- Must have or be capable of completing training and McCormick certification for pallet truck, counterbalance and narrow aisle forklift
As an employer recognized for our exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick Canada offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services which address the needs of our employees and their families.
- Wages starting at $19.56 plus shift premium
- Positions available on all three shifts: days, afternoons and nights
- Company store with discounted prices
- Annual Charity Day with proceeds going to local charities
- Annual bonuses and stock purchase plan
- Employee assistance program
- Reward and recognition program
- Regular full time employees receive;
- Health and Dental (100% coverage + premiums paid by McCormick)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation in your first full year of regular employment
- Company pension contribution between 3-6% for regular employees
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Throughout the selection process, accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. Please notify H.R. if required.