Senior Business Analyst
Jones Healthcare Group is a market leader in advanced packaging and medication dispensing solutions and is celebrating 100 years serving health and wellness markets. The privately held company is aggressively investing growth capital with plans to invest $20 million into the business over the next two years.
“Over a century ago, Jones provided apothecary packaging to help pharmacists safely dispense medication to patients,” says Ron Harris, President & CEO at Jones. “One thing has never wavered since our beginning – we have always been focused on wellness. It’s in our DNA.”
Through its four business units (Cartons & Labels, Canadian Pharmacy, Medication Adherence and Packaging Services) and three European subsidiaries, Venalink UK, Venalink Spain and MEDI-Clear, the company aligns closely with a continued vision to advance healthcare with progressive packaging platforms that put consumer well-being first and respond to evolving market needs.
Summary of position
Reporting to the Vice President, Information and Business Technology (IBT), this position is a liaison between lines of business and the IBT division of Jones. This position is responsible for analyzing business processes to identify risks, inefficiencies, and general opportunities for improvement, leading and supporting active projects, and scoping new projects.
Business Analysis at Jones includes project management, business process analysis, requirements gathering, creation of business and technology specifications, and software and user acceptance testing. Some key technology systems used at Jones include SAP, Visual Manufacturing, Sage, and Optimizely E-Commerce.
If you love working in diverse teams of business and technology professionals in all aspects of IT project management, then this position will be of interest to you.
If you get excited by business transformation and process improvement, then this position is a perfect fit for you.
If you are a naturally curious and a problem solver, able to see possibilities with technology and business process, then you'll want to consider this opportunity.
Here are some the different activities you'll be asked to do:
- Lead and support technology projects by using skills in:
- Project management
- Process analysis
- Requirements gathering
- Risk mitigation
- Business and technology specification documentation and technical writing
- Software and user acceptance testing
- Research effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develop strategies for enhancing and/or further leveraging these processes
- Facilitate creation of new systems functionality and upgrades
- Collaborate with 3rd party business partners to ensure high quality, on-schedule project outcomes
If you've got:
- A degree or professional diploma in Computer Science, Business or a related field
- 5+ years of work experience in Business Analysis
- Great relationship building and communication skills
- Strong project management and process management skills
- Experience in ERP systems such as SAP or Infor Visual Manufacturing (an asset)
- Experience leading and participating in transformative projects using enterprise scale systems or other outsourced solutions (an asset)
- Experience working with an agile methodology (an asset)
We’d like to hear from you!
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Jones Packaging Inc. will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact the Jones Human Resources department at 519.451.2100 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please also contact the Human Resources department.