Human Resources Coordinator
At Trojan Technologies, we believe there’s nothing more essential than delivering clean water to the world. That’s especially true in this critical moment, when the world’s supply of clean water is under substantial stress due to industrialization, increasing demand, and rising biological and chemical contamination. Our mission is to stem that tide: to ensure greater water confidence and environmental stewardship for people, industries, and municipalities, improving the lives of over one billion people globally.
As part of our global team, you’ll work alongside customers from municipalities to pharmaceutical and food and beverage companies to build creative, sustainable solutions. You’ll also find a welcoming and supportive team that listens to your ideas and allows you to follow your strengths. All of us feel privileged to work on innovative technologies that bring clean water to the world—we hope you will, too.
Trojan is proud to be one of Danaher's Water Quality companies. Motivated by the highest possible stakes of climate change and global health, we’re working together within a rapidly digitizing industry to find innovative technologies that guarantee the safety of our water and our environment.
The HR Coordinator is committed to delivering continuous improvements in our businesses by executing excellent functional HR capability to support leadership, talent and organizational success. As a member of the Trojan Technologies Global HR Team, this role will provide tactical HR support that aligns with business strategies and operational needs in a proactive and solutions orientated manner. Supporting both associates and leaders, this position will focus on elements including delivery of daily HR activities, Talent Acquisition and Planning, Learning and Development, Engagement and Associate Relations.
This position is based in London, ON. HR Coordinator must be onsite to support assigned client group(s) 3 days per week, with agility for additional days for team-based/client-based activities as required.
Essential Job Functions
Positive Associate and Client-Set Experience
- Provide support to client group(s) including both leaders and associates on a wide-variety of HR-related matters throughout the associate experience cycle, with guidance and direction of the assigned HR Business Partner.
- Assist leaders and HR Business Partner with associate change actions including hires, moves, promotions, demotions and exits. Ensures staffing changes are handled with consideration for talent, development and organizational needs as well as application of appropriate policies and practices
- Act as the primary contact for the HR Team and performs customer service functions by answering associate requests and questions or directing associates to the correct point of contact. Liaise with HR partners and other
- Support associates and leaders in process and policy on educational/tuition assistance and professional development learning, coordinate Leadership Development and Assessments, including 360s and group training needs as need.
- Provide recruitment support to assigned client group(s) by participating in recruitment process from requisition initiation to hire in partnership with Water Quality Talent Acquisition team. Drive recruitment effort for all positions in partnership with the talent acquisition team; support hiring manager by guiding them through the recruitment process and policies and engaging in Recruiter/Hiring Manager meetings as needed to influence the recruiting strategy in collaboration with HR Business Partner.
- Support leaders with process for temporary, agency, contingent, internship and/or co-op hires, retention, conversion and separation.
- Responsible for all new hire onboarding supporting client set, Workday business processes and other elements that contribute to a successful experience. Conduct onboarding activities and exit interviews.
- Handle leave administration case management, tracking, communications, inclusive of personal, family, medical leave, monitor trends, remain updated with changes in legislation and process.
- Assist with annual open enrollment for benefit program offerings as needed.
- Supports the organization and talent process for assigned client groups, including training leaders on tools and processes
Associate HR Information Oversight
- Execute, oversee and guide HRIS transactions including compensation changes, manager changes, new-hires, and terminations.
- Maintain the integrity of employee data, including auditing and corrections.
- Provide HRIS system support to employees, managers and the HR organization.
- Maintain all HR databases, systems, excel files, and other documentation as necessary to ensure accurate data and personnel records.
- Responsible for associate files, data retention, and maintenance of associate files. Create, maintain and ensure compliance of associate records.
- Collaborate with Payroll department in support of the time management system and pay updates/corrections. Act as Payroll backup as needed.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation to associates and supervisors. Develop and maintain Associate Handbooks for various geographies, incorporating continuous improvement.
- Inform associates of changes in human resources policies and assists in implementation and change management requirements.
- Provide guidance to associates and managers on policy, monitor trends and develop communication to anticipate larger associate needs.
- Ensure compliance with governmental, legal and labor requirements
- Draft communications designed to be understood by all associates for HR team agreement.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of HR Generalist experience in a high growth, dynamic environment.
- CHRP, GPHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Expertise in Excel and Report generation
- Experience working in a metrics driven organization with demonstrated understanding of how HR supports the business
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.